how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mr Torres

join:2011-06-05
Fort Worth, TX

[Upgrades] Docsis 3.0 ?

Charter was doing some maintenance lastnight and the CSR told me that they were working new fiber lines at the headend and they said they had several tickets open in fort worth..

Any idea how much longer it takes to deploy Docsis3.0 after fiber lines have been replaced??

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Mr Torres:

Charter was doing some maintenance lastnight and the CSR told me that they were working new fiber lines at the headend and they said they had several tickets open in fort worth..

Any idea how much longer it takes to deploy Docsis3.0 after fiber lines have been replaced??

they were likely working on new fiber optic recievers at the Node optical transmission rack that the nodes are connected to for new node additions.

Mr Torres

Fort Worth, TX

So what does that mean?

Nspradley
Premium
join:2011-03-17
Northport, AL
reply to Mr Torres

The CSR likely has no idea what your local headend tech is ever doing.

Mr Torres

Fort Worth, TX

So what your saying is that what the CSR said about the Fiber maintenance lastnight was incorrect?

hootabius

join:2009-02-12
reply to Nspradley

said by Nspradley:

The CSR likely has no idea what your local headend tech is ever doing.

+1.

Just about every peice of equipment in a headend these days is connected with some sort of fiber, even if it doesn't go out to the cable plant directly. New node additions/upgrades are just one of many reasons to run fiber in a headend. "Working new fibers" could be for just about anything.

hootabius

join:2009-02-12
reply to Mr Torres

said by Mr Torres:

So what your saying is that what the CSR said about the Fiber maintenance lastnight was incorrect?

Not necessarily incorrect but just maybe not for the reason you think.

Mr Torres

Fort Worth, TX

Ok i was only asking because Docsis 3.0 is to launch with in 15 days said by a local inhouse charter supervisor....

fwguy

join:2005-04-16
Fort Worth, TX

glad they bothered to tell me about the upgrade NOT!!

having to to constantly power off/on my 2.o modem

Nspradley
Premium
join:2011-03-17
Northport, AL

That has nothing to do with DOCSIS 3.0. A 2.0 modem will work just fine on DOCSIS 3.0 so if you are having internet issues you might wanna get in touch with the Charter direct forum and let them take a look at things for you.

ntorres6

join:2011-11-15
Fort Worth, TX
reply to Mr Torres

Anyone in the Fort Worth, Tx area getting the new upload speeds yet?

Mr Torres

Fort Worth, TX

As far as i know about any speed changes here is a link that might help you »Charter Changing Speed Tiers

ntorres6

join:2011-11-15
Fort Worth, TX
reply to Mr Torres

Chatted with the online reps and said Fort Worth should have been uprgaded yesterday...mine don't work too well, only getting 23/3 now...

Mr Torres

Fort Worth, TX

Did you hear that from the UMATTER2CHARTER people on charter direct??

Mr Torres

Fort Worth, TX
reply to ntorres6

I just chat with charter and you have to call to upgrade

Mr Torres

Fort Worth, TX
reply to ntorres6

It looks like the speeds were upgraded yesterday. Here are the Key Changes:

• Internet Lite is increasing from 1 M/128 kbps to 3M/384kbps
• Internet Express is increasing from 12M/1M to 15M/3M
• Internet Plus is increasing from 18M/2M to 30M/4M
• Internet Ultra60 is renamed to Internet Ultra100 and is increasing from 60M/5M to 100M/5M

Charter Max will no longer be available to new customers. Existing Max customers will still be able to keep their service. However, Max customers can also move to a different level of Internet service.