share rss forum feed

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

Maybe if there was some kickback...

You know, like the one Rhode Island did. They gave Verizon what they wanted several years ago (State-wide franchise, etc). So in turn, Verizon has installed FiOS in pretty much all of Rhode Island as well as putting the FiOS call center in Providence, Rhode Island. Massachusetts was very upset at this because Verizon played Rhode Island and Massachusetts against each other for the call center.
--
When I press '1 for English' that means I want to talk to someone that speaks English!

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

1 recommendation

said by Harddrive:

(State-wide franchise, etc). So in turn, Verizon has installed FiOS in pretty much all of Rhode Island as well as putting the FiOS call center in Providence, Rhode Island.

State-wide franchise wasn't too difficult to get through. Only 38 municipal entities to make promises to.

State-wide installed base, though. Definitely not. Fiber is installed in denser areas, not so much in rural areas. South County is still waiting. Plus, I drive by quite a few intersections in my area where the orange duct is buried and comes up near overhead fiber. But they're not hooked up. I've been connected for 5 years. And these are not gated communities or HOAs.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

I was a member of IBEW 2323 when I worked for Avaya. It was the same Union that Verizon techs worked for. The stories I heard... Nothing illegal but the Union sure bends for whatever way helps them the most.
Verizon pretty much wired up the State where they want it. So what do they do with all the techs they hired to wire up the State? Can you say lay-off?
--
When I press '1 for English' that means I want to talk to someone that speaks English!