Premium Member
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
ARRIS ONT1000GJ4
EnGenius EAP1250

rchandra

Premium Member

A semi-easy solution: move

I did. I used to live on the border of Buffalo and West Seneca...just inside Buffalo. When I decided to pull the trigger on buying real estate, the top tie breaker was, FiOS available immediately? And I moved to where it was immediately available. Besides, you'd do very well moving anyway. My car insurance went down (I think) $75/yr., no more line item garbage pickup tax...probably other goodies I can't recall at the moment, but those are the two off the top of my head. I also hear West Seneca is nice, and they have oodles of FiOS.

I feel sorry in that respect for people who took jobs where Buffalo residency is a job requirement. Sorry, but sucks to be you.

If it weren't so far away, I'd heavily consider moving to KC so I can feel some of that Gbps love. What the heck...pretty much can't hurt, as it's bound to have more tech jobs available than around here.

Although I hated it where I was w/r/t (lack of good) Internet connectivity (wished they'd have offered FiOS), I don't fault them at all for choosing the areas where they'll recoup their investments faster (i.e., areas where generally higher income people live, therefore higher subscription percentage). I'm really miffed at people who think they're some sort of charity, that they ought to build out everywhere, just because they can (remember, can != should).

As for "racist"...I was not aware that the black folks (or anyone else for that matter) on my street were refused service. Just sayin'...