share rss forum feed

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to jaykaykay

Re: What's with your mailserver, IP 69.17.117.49

Like Kambriel See Profile I left Speakeasy several years ago for a Time Warner package deal but kept my old Speakeasy email account. I've had this account since 1998 or 1999 so I get a lot of mail through Speakeasy.

Sometime overnight the mail server has stopped recognizing my username and when I tried to login and contact support, the website didn't recognize me either. I was able to check the system status without logging in and it indicated the email block is still unresolved. Could that be what's preventing me from sending and receiving mail?

Kambriel

join:2001-02-10
Sanford, FL
While I can't get either ISP to reveal who is doing it, my current IP range is unable to get to the Speakeasy mail servers. I suspect someone in my range was either spamming or attempting to spam and some admin thought it was the easiest solution to ban a range instead of an IP or working it through with the host ISP. My attempt at a fix is going to be a shot-in-the-dark: exchanging my modem for a different one. If the MAC changes, then I may get a different IP range that will resolve the issue. It's just difficult to find the time to do this, but I will update my posts on this if it works.