spc
uniqs

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to cassijon

to cassijon

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

@cassijon - I apologize about the downtime, it's definitely not what we want to deliver. We're currently undergoing a full Digital Network Upgrade (DNU) in the Richmond area that will allow us to expand our offerings there including Broadband 250 Internet. Our teams are taking the utmost care in ensuring we don't have any downtime for our customers but unfortunately are unable to guarantee this will never happen. If you have any questions about your account, please email us at ecare.help[at]sjrb.ca.

Cheers.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

Sean are you able to elaborate as to what parts of Richmond are being worked on?

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Don't know what exact areas DanteX, sorry.

mrock
@shawcable.net

mrock

Anon

Ok, so I recently upgraded to shaw 50, and my speetests are always fine(recent: 39ms, ~44, ~2.8), but I get huge lag spikes constantly when playing online games (both on PC and Xbox), I'm connected directly through the modem, so how can I fix this?

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

said by mrock :

Ok, so I recently upgraded to shaw 50, and my speetests are always fine(recent: 39ms, ~44, ~2.8), but I get huge lag spikes constantly when playing online games (both on PC and Xbox), I'm connected directly through the modem, so how can I fix this?

We'd have to run a few tests to see if the poor latency is in or outside the network first. Have you run a tracert when you get the bad spikes?