how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA

[OT] Level3 DNS Issue?

Seems like there is an issue with Level3's DNS if any of you use it. (4.4.4.2, 4.4.4.3, 4.4.4.4). Noticed it about an hour or so ago, both MSNBC.com and ESPN.com wouldn't come up. Switched to Google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and they popped right up. If anyone is using L3's DNS' you may see issues with some websites loading.

I'm seeing the issue with both Firefox and Chrome so it's not browser specific.

jojosuburban

join:2003-04-18
Prairie City, IA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
I was having dns issues earlier this AM. Web sites not loading etc. But that seems to have cleared up where I am. I am about 20 miles east of Des moines.

I was just useing the default Mediacom DNS settings. Have never used the google ones. Do you think they are faster? More reliable?

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
I personally believe either L3 DNS or Google DNS are more reliable. It's really a matter of personal opinion. I moved to L3 DNS when Mediacom put in their own DNS servers and had some problems the first week or so and just have never gone back.

If you aren't having any issues with Mediacom's DNS that's good. Just be aware their are others out there it trouble strikes.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
I have been using Mediacom DNS for the last month or so I have to say no problems at all!
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

TMar

join:2006-12-05
Gilbertsville, KY
reply to ZC_217
I too was having an DNS issues last night from about 11pm-4am. It didn't matter if I was using Google's or Mediacom's.

calvinj

join:2011-08-16
united state
reply to ZC_217
You think it might be related to that area? I was on this morning with l3 DNS and it was working fine.. using 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1