Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

Fall fell!

Damn... that was fast. Went from running the A/C last week to firing up the furnace this week. Temps last night were into the low-40s. I saw on the news this morning that Philipsburg, PA (somewhere near State College) actually got measurable snow on the ground last night. We've had a couple of days in a row of miserable, wet conditions and wind.

Normally, I like the fall temperatures. I'm most comfortable in what I call "sweatshirt weather", but it's so damp and clammy, it's quite uncomfortable.
--
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times.”

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:1

Wow...

Who Knew?

I mean really? Who could have ever predicted another winter would come around!

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 recommendation

We're going from 90 degrees to frost warnings. Now we're to have temps in the upper 70's by friday.

I love Ohio - if you don't like the weather, wait a day or so.
--
Follow your dreams, except the one where you're naked in church.

Jtmo
Premium
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA

1 recommendation

said by EGeezer:

We're going from 90 degrees to frost warnings. Now we're to have temps in the upper 70's by friday.

I love Ohio - if you don't like the weather, wait a day HOUR or so.

Fixed it for you....

Left the Warren area October 10th, 1977... Predicted yet another cold winter, went to Phoenix....

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Pacrat

I actually rather enjoy the change of the seasons. It's the abrupt change from running the A/C to looking for the big comforter that I have a problem with. And even that's not so bad, except for the damn rain. It just makes everything all cold and damp. It's easy enough to dress for, but it sure plays hell with trying to keep the grass cut at a reasonable height. I don't like to cut grass when it's wet and lately it's not been dry enough to mulch properly. Added to that, the pin oaks are raining down their multitude of dead, dry leaves and it wont be long before doing the yard is going to be a chore, rather than some quiet, contemplative time outside.

I like the snow, but I hate slush! I like the rain, but not when it's cold. When it gets cold it ought to snow, not rain. And it's been so wet lately the yard is starting to get "squishy" under foot. Not an optimum scenario for getting the leaves mulched/picked up.
--
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times.”

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Pacrat

The sky is blue, the sun is bright. the air is clear and mild, but its raining... leaves. I was sitting outside this morning, drinking my coffee, and noticed that with every whisper of a breeze, the pin oaks around here are shedding their leaves in a frenzy. The maple trees have just begun to turn color and the oaks are molting out of their summer coats. Maybe it was the dry, hot summer but I don't recall the trees shedding their leaves quite this early. Green is still the predominant tree color, but the pin oaks are shedding like it's early November. We're forecast to have one more day of dry weather before three or four days of scattered showers, so I imagine I'll have to get busy this afternoon and clean up all that I can, before the rain glues them to the ground. Add to that, my driveway has become a hardhat area... the local squirrels seem to take special delight in dropping acorns on me if I spend too much time in one spot. It happens too often to be an accident. And their aim sems to get bettter every day.
--

I think I'm gonna
Premium
join:2010-05-16
reply to Pacrat

I'm in the situation where it's too warm in the day not to open the windows, but once the sun sets it's too cool not to close up the house. It does allow me to use the oven to cook, which is really nice. I got tired of running the AC just to cool my place off after cooking a meal, and I got really tired of microwave food and cold sandwiches.

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY
kudos:4
reply to burner50

said by burner50:

Wow...

Who Knew?

I mean really? Who could have ever predicted another winter would come around!

I hate when that happens!

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
Cortland, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Pacrat

I am really getting tired of cleaning up leaves. Trying to time my efforts between the rain and the wind isn't helping any, either.
--