zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

Yuengling hits Ohio

People here actually camped out near beer docks to get the first shipment of Yuengling.

I like it too. It's my "everyday" beer; a nice full bodied lager with a light but decent head, more than the fizzy yellow stuff that passes for beer around here. We travel often enough that I can bring back a couple of cases - plenty to last me between trips.

However, for meals or an evening treat, I'll go to my selection of stouts, porters, Belgians, pale ales and other goodies.

I hope retailers will be carrying Yuengling's whole line of beers and ales. There are some interesting brews in their lineup.
--
Follow your dreams, except the one where you're naked in church.

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

You've got to try it on tap. It's the only way I can stand to drink it now. As I've said elsewhere, Great Lakes Burning River is my current go to.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

said by Jodokast96:

You've got to try it on tap. It's the only way I can stand to drink it now. As I've said elsewhere, Great Lakes Burning River is my current go to.

said by Jodokast96:

As I've said elsewhere, Great Lakes Burning River is my current go to.

I, too, like the Yuengling Lager draught. It's on tap at most places we go in the Carolinas and Florida. Absent a tap, the cans taste better to me than the bottles. I pour it with a heavy head, let it settle and pour again to finish. It's pretty close to the draught.

Burning River is an excellent Pale Ale. If you want something even more hoppy, try Dogfish Head's 60 minute IPA. It'll curl your hair...

For something a little less so, Tap Room 21's Pale Ale.
--
Follow your dreams, except the one where you're naked in church.

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2

I shall keep those, and the pouring tip, in mind.