spc
uniqs

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to ShawSean

to ShawSean

Re: [ALL] Ask ShawSean

Sean, since switching to my Business BB50, my VOD has been flaky. Both STB's keep giving this error once in a while. Called in once and half way through the conversation with the rep it started working again (of course, right?).

VOD ordering is not enabled on your DCT

Error number: 22471

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@rustydusty - hmm, strange you'd get a ordering not enabled message, let me look into it for you.

@tardcart - Thanks for the info, there's a chance your modem may be faulty. If you could register on the site and PM me your account details, we'll be in touch.
newcdn4
join:2011-09-30
Canada

newcdn4

ShawSean i sent you a PM 3 days ago but you haven't replied yet. Please check.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@newcdn - Sorry about that! pm'd you back.

Matt1101
@142.66.38.x

Matt1101

Anon

I ordered shaw 100 back at the beginning of August and I'm wondering why I still don't have my modem. Every time I call (even with the long waits!) i get the same answer "oh right away, by the end of next week".

It's getting frustrating, how long can I expect this to go on for?? I'm being charged quite a bit of money, my account history states +10, +10 -10 for shaw extreme, why do they charge for that at all? The customer service reps just say "the history doesn't reflect your account actually" then what's the point of the history??? Then on top of that I have a fee for internet.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

@Matt1101 - Don't know, I'd have to look at your account to get a better understanding at what's going on. PM me your details.

Matt1101
@142.66.38.x

Matt1101

Anon

@ShawSean

So the day I posted, the modem finally came in!

I got about 46 hours out of the modem and it died. At least a technician will be coming by on Saturday, so hopefully I'll have the internet I want again by saturday afternoon. Seems the SMC overheated, as it sure felt quite hot when I picked it up to look at it.

Are the cisco modems significantly better than the SMC's?

Thanks for taking time to answer questions Sean.

EastVanIan
@shawcable.net

EastVanIan to ShawSean

Anon

to ShawSean
Hi Sean,

I am having a terrible experience with Shaw customer service. When I signed up for a 6 month promo the CSR assured me several times that I would be notified when my promo period was up. Of course that call never came and received a bill for nearly double what I expected. Since then I have been trying to contact shaw via phone or chat to either downgrade my account or cancel it outright.I have spent several hours on hold and havent once got through to a CSR. I work 7am-7pm seven days a week so I don't have time to sit and wait. I have managed to talk with CSRs via the support chat but I have been given conflicting stories (lies maybe?):

--------------
CSR#1) cancellations can be done from chat, but too bad because your shaw internet cut out during the chat and I lost my session
CSR#2) Cancellations cant be done from chat, we will schedule a call back. Too bad that call back never came.
CSR#3) Cancellations can be done today because it thanksgiving (?? seriously?), but too bad because your shaw internet cut out again.
CSR#4) (10 minutes later) Cancellations cant be done over chat, we will have someone call you tomorrow.
----------------
CSR#3) I can read your old chat logs with other csrs
CSR#4) Sorry I cant read any chat logs
----------------

Twice i have had to reschedule call backs and both times those calls never came. I was never informed my promo period was up despite being assured several time I would be. I cant even cancel my account! Its very frustrating and easily the worst customer service experience I have ever had. It is too bad too because I am happy with the services, internet and TV have been basically flawless since I signed up, but I am not willing to pay $180/month for it. I have asked to have it escalated to management but have been given the runaround by the chat csrs. I am expecting a call back from the oyalty department tomorrow but who knows if it wil even come?

Anything you can suggest or do to help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian
EastVanIan

EastVanIan

Anon

LOL awesome, I finally get through to someone on the phone and lo and behold I cant even cancel my account because there is no one there from the loyalty department. Unbelievable.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds to EastVanIan

Premium Member

to EastVanIan
When your promotion expires, is printed on each bill.

View My Bill is broken right now with secure.shaw.ca

Promotion -$40.00
Expires 01-01-2012 or something like that.

The rest of the experience is garbage/nonsense, but hopefully Sean can help you out.

EastVanIan
@shawcable.net

EastVanIan

Anon

I don't receive a printed bill from shaw, I get an email. And I don't see anywhere on the bill where it says my promo expires (see pic): »i.imgur.com/xKvuG.jpg

I only mention the rep telling me I would be contacted when the promo was expired because she offered that as what seemed to be a selling point. I didnt ask to be informed, she just mentioned it (several times) when I was signing up over the phone.

Anyways, after spending 1:45 on hold, and speaking with 3 different shaw reps on monday (2 via chat, one on the phone) MY CALLBACK SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY EVENING BETWEEN 7PM AND 8PM NEVER CAME (please pardon the caps). Is this actually happening? Is it actually this hard to cancel an account? Have I offended someone at shaw that has flagged my account and now I will be unable to cancel this account forever? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Where are the next pages of your bill?
EastVanIan
join:2011-10-12
Richmond, BC

EastVanIan

Which other pages? I get a one page email and pay the bill via online banking...

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

@EastVanIan

Page 2 of your bill, mine is now fixed, so I can copy and paste,

Promotions
Business Internet 50 Promotion (expires 29-Feb-12) -40.00
Total Promotions $-40.00

It is there, I am not sure what you use to look at your bill, or how you see your bill, but it is there.