All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to cruz1

to cruz1

Re: Oh come on, what did you really expect??

As noted, it did on the older 3G version up to this point - so yeah it was expected.

Being that 3G is synonymous with Internet and "everyone" markets it accordingly, unless they clearly indicated it was crippled or not really internet (locking as they have is not internet), I believe they have dove into the bait and switch pool and could very well be held liable for such. Unless of course they have fine print preventing class action in which case they win again.
azstu
join:2007-05-13
Tucson, AZ

azstu

I totally agree. My old Kindle does provide free 3G to use amazons phrase and I expected it to be there cos they said that was what the feature was.

I have recently been concerned with Amazon generally for what can only be described as deceptive advertising in a bunch of areas. Their Prime video counts were the same. Saying they had 9000 when in fact it was 2700 ( they were deceptively counting each episode as an occurrence , something the others were not doing) and got called on it and now use a more 'thousands of' phrase. but right now Prime is still 2700 total. Did they think we wouldn't notice.

So again, I see a really worrying trait emerging from Amazon..that of not being completely honest.. and this unannounced change is again a sign of them not having the balls to point things out directly and explicitly to their customers.

ScottJr
join:2001-10-10
Charles Town, WV

ScottJr to Skippy25

to Skippy25
Since the device is not even launched yet, I think they will probably send out a note to the folks that pre-ordered. Since it can be cancelled without penalty, I think a bait and switch argument would be pretty weak.