Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

1 edit

Mango

Premium Member

[Phone] Outgoing Caller ID Question

I've had a landline for a couple of weeks now. When I call people, their Caller ID says "Unavailable" and my phone number. I was told by the Telus rep when I ordered that it would show my name. Is there any way I can turn this on myself, or should I call in and ask about it?

Thanks,
Mango

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by Mango:

I've had a landline for a couple of weeks now. When I call people, their Caller ID says "Unavailable" and my phone number. I was told by the Telus rep when I called that it would show my name. Is there any way I can turn this on myself, or should I call in and ask about it?

Thanks,
Mango

Call in and ask about it. Your number is showing up, just not your name, so it likely is an issue on their side. Although it might just start showing up in a couple more weeks.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79 to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango
is your number "non-published"?
did you ok it to be listed in the phonebook?
If you requested for it to be private... the number would show but the name would be blocked...
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Bingo. You're exactly correct. I guess the rep I spoke with didn't know that. Thank you for clarifying

By any chance do you know where I could find the cutoff date for the phone book? If we're past that now I could call in and change it.

m.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by Mango:

By any chance do you know where I could find the cutoff date for the phone book? If we're past that now I could call in and change it.

The cutoff date doesn't matter as that's just for the print book, the digital one can be updated at anytime. You just need to call your provider and have them publish your number.
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Yes, but I don't want to be in the print book If it's already been printed, or in the process of printing, I'll call and change it now. If not, I'll wait.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

You cannot remove the non-pub service until the month before the directory close date... what you're attempting to do is not permitted
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Really? The CSR I spoke to specifically told me to do that to save the $2/month fee. (I wrote down the date but lost the slip of paper.) Hrm.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

the CSR who didn't know about the "unavailable" portion?

sometimes having the extra knowledge means customers don't get the extra "deals"
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

The very same one I'll call in tomorrow and see if I catch it in time.

alchav
join:2002-05-17
Saint George, UT

alchav to Mango

to Mango
said by Mango:

I've had a landline for a couple of weeks now. When I call people, their Caller ID says "Unavailable" and my phone number. I was told by the Telus rep when I ordered that it would show my name. Is there any way I can turn this on myself, or should I call in and ask about it?

Usually Junk Callers come in with a Caller ID like this, so I have all those calls Blocked. If you want a Non-Pub Number, your Number should not even show up. Like I said, you might start to get a lot of recordings saying the person does not accept your calls. If you talk to a good Telus Tech they should be able to see how your Number is set up, and correct it according to your Order.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

incorrect... for here at least
non-pub service means your number and name is removed from directory's and it is not searchable.
It also means that your name is blocked but the number is still displayed from caller id...
display block is required to block the number automatically (formerly auto block)... this is chargable....
you can block the number on a per use basis by dialing *67 before your call (free)