spc
uniqs
45612019 (banned)
join:2004-02-05
New York, NY

45612019 (banned) to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2

Re: What's the point?

You know, choices are wonderful. I welcome new choices. But not when they're blatantly inferior choices. I just don't see the point.

Verizon needs to be focusing on adding MORE HD CHANNELS! Not screwing around with limited Xbox 360 IPTV applications... unless they're going to do it the right way. Only having 26 channels available to the service, requiring you subscribe to Xbox Live Gold to obtain the service, likely charging you an additional fee on your monthly bill to use the service, and not offering the service to people without a physical FiOS connection... is not the right way.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by 45612019:

You know, choices are wonderful. I welcome new choices. But not when they're blatantly inferior choices. I just don't see the point.

Verizon needs to be focusing on adding MORE HD CHANNELS! Not screwing around with limited Xbox 360 IPTV applications... unless they're going to do it the right way. Only having 26 channels available to the service, requiring you subscribe to Xbox Live Gold to obtain the service, likely charging you an additional fee on your monthly bill to use the service, and not offering the service to people without a physical FiOS connection... is not the right way.

They can't just go out and offer the content to anyone. To do that would they would need approval from the content providers which would probably mean they would have to pay them more money, negotiate contracts etc.. And that is assuming the content providers would want that, which they do not.