spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

Re: Digital Transitions

I can't wait for the digital transition to hit the GTA area.

My friend has an analogue tv connected to his cogeco cable, but he has a digital tv in the main room. He always goes to his analog tv and swears when he realizes his specialty channels cant be tuned in unless he buys a box, which he knows he should get, hes just lazy, hes not mad at cogeco, hes actually mad that hes lazy. So he finally went and got a digital STB, now he never leaves the basement.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

I'm all for the digital transition - but at least offer the base channels in clear QAM so you don't need a box for each and every TV - even the ones that only get watched occasionally.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

what do u think the DTA adaptors are for, those are for you to receive the channels. Qam is a mess right now, the frequencies will be changed and re-mapped all the time no sense to follow it, its like computer language.
Expand your moderator at work
Pauly

Pauly

is that an insult? qam will eventually be scrambled and you WILL need an STB for it just like other cable companies are already doing, so instead of learning to figure it out and insult others, might as well get a DTA and join the club instead of trying to go against everyone

Bry
join:2008-12-31
Canada

Bry

I'd rather wait it out.
Kraftyy
join:2010-06-19
Burlington, ON

Kraftyy to Marcer

to Marcer
Well if you're in the Grimsby/Hamilton Area you have until the 11th of november to make a decision

dusan
@teksavvy.com

dusan to Marcer

Anon

to Marcer
I find it unfair to have to rent another box for the upstairs new digital tv set.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

i find it unfair to rent or buy a box to watch satellite dish for my new tv, but i do it anyway. connecting the satellite dish wire directly to the tv will NOT work. The tuner box tells the tv what channels you are allowed to watch or not, thats the same idea as the cogeco cable box, without that cogeco does not know what channels to turn on or off to your tv.
Pauly

Pauly

p,s, i can see you are also the same kind of person who pays for a premium station such as the movie network /hbo and complains why they can not tune it on their second tv set with no digital set top box or DTA? the dta box is to help you out too dont always look at it bad, look at the positives too mang

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

1 recommendation

kim to Marcer

MVM,

to Marcer

(topic move) Digital Migration

Moderator Action

The post that was here (and all 5 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic ..

The topic really deserves its own thread.

»Hardware: my PVR vs Cogeco's proprietary DVR

hmmmmms
@cgocable.net

hmmmmms to Marcer

Anon

to Marcer

Would new HDTV's need these boxes?

We got one box at work today but we have 3 TV's running off this one inch thick coax cable that runs into the server room and had a 4 port output thing on the end installed by cogeco.

We are planned on upgrading TV's at work and I was wondering if the newer TV's will need the DTV boxes. We only have cable that goes from 2-63 or whatever it is now.

How does one get more DTV boxes if they are needed?

Phil2012
@aol.com

Phil2012 to Marcer

Anon

to Marcer
The DC 730 digital adapters are more of a hassle since they are not working correctly. Picture comes in choppy, distorted if it comes in at all. No sound. Several boxes have been returned for not working cause they can't be recognized on Cogecos system through the serial #'s provided.
averagecdn
join:2005-03-14
Windsor, ON

averagecdn to Marcer

to Marcer
It was great to find out today that as a long time cogeco customer with the basic analog channels that i will be permanently losing all channels above 26.. No box offered. My only option is to upgrade to the digital packs. Anyone have input on this.

Side note - I am not afraid to move forward with technology... I just like the fact that channel 2-29 are the only channels i generally watch anyways.... So it sucks that 2 of the channels I usually watch have again been removed.

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim

MVM,

It's not just Cogeco its across the boards.

Pauly
canada

Pauly to hmmmmms

to hmmmmms
said by hmmmmms :

Would new HDTV's need these boxes?

We got one box at work today but we have 3 TV's running off this one inch thick coax cable that runs into the server room and had a 4 port output thing on the end installed by cogeco.

We are planned on upgrading TV's at work and I was wondering if the newer TV's will need the DTV boxes. We only have cable that goes from 2-63 or whatever it is now.

How does one get more DTV boxes if they are needed?

ok, lets make this easy to understand.. EVERY TV SET will now require a STB or DTA. CRT, Plasma, LCD, digital, analog, heck, even digilog model if they existed.
Pauly

Pauly to averagecdn

to averagecdn
said by averagecdn:

It was great to find out today that as a long time cogeco customer with the basic analog channels that i will be permanently losing all channels above 26.. No box offered. My only option is to upgrade to the digital packs. Anyone have input on this.

Side note - I am not afraid to move forward with technology... I just like the fact that channel 2-29 are the only channels i generally watch anyways.... So it sucks that 2 of the channels I usually watch have again been removed.

theyre not being removed, theyre still being transmitted to you digitally. you need the free DTA to receive them.

Mark2012
@aol.com

Mark2012

Anon

Cogeco is very disappointing lately, these adapters boxes are sh*t. Now since a few channels have been changed over , the channels are freezing up and pixelated. Cogeco should just get rid of these adapters and leave channels on Qam or offer the digital boxes at a discount for long time cogeco customers. I'm frustrated cause I paid the $25 to have the adapter professional installed by Cogeco and it still doesn't work properly. Ofcourse I complained but still their charging me the installation fee. I'm serious considering switching to satelitte tv.
Expand your moderator at work