spc
uniqs
Kraftyy
join:2010-06-19
Burlington, ON

Kraftyy to Marcer

to Marcer

Re: Digital Transitions

To add to this post the requirements in order to get this Adapter.

Customers on Analogue Value Pack:
Entitled to two Digital Adapters free any adapters after these two are $2.00/month each. Price of the package will drop to 47.49 from 50.49 for the first 12 months.

Digital Customers BEFORE September 1st 2010:
Entitled to ONE free digital adapter and any after that is $2.00 a month each.

Digital Customers AFTER September 1st 2010:
NOT ENTITLED TO AN ADAPTER AND NEED A RECEIVER

Anyone telling you otherwise is wrong.

Bry
join:2008-12-31
Canada

Bry

You're wrong, the year is 2011.
Bry

Bry to Kraftyy

to Kraftyy
When will the price drop to 47.49?
exseven8
Premium Member
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6

1 recommendation

exseven8 to Kraftyy

Premium Member

to Kraftyy
These dates depend on the area AFAIK, as this is a staggered launch
Steveb1986
join:2011-09-01
Hamilton, ON

Steveb1986 to Bry

to Bry
FYI - a CSR told me Sept 1st 2010 as well, not 2011.

Bry
Canada

Bry

That's very strange.

-Bry.
exseven8
Premium Member
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6

exseven8

Premium Member

Especially since that was a year ago.
Kraftyy
join:2010-06-19
Burlington, ON

Kraftyy

It's the date Cogeco stopped offering Analogue Value pack which is why it's in 2010.

Bry
Canada

Bry

I see, I wasn't aware they discontinued the Analogue Value pack in 2010.

You're not wrong.

-Bry.
Steveb1986
join:2011-09-01
Hamilton, ON

Steveb1986

I wasn't very pleased when I found this out as I thought it would be much sooner than Sept 2010. I started my service mid this year.
Had to get a digital receiver for my 2nd tv.
They did offer me 50% off to 12 months though...but $2/month isn't that much.

First chance I get I'll be dumping my cogeco service

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

Are you also the same person who goes to the Music Store and makes a fuss because they stopped selling 8-Track Tapes in the 1980's? Yes there is going to be the odd person here and there who are pissed off, you fall into the odd person category weather you like it or not. This person does not understand technology, and is not willing to grasp new technologies and does not want technology to advance. If these people were still in power, we would still be watching black and white TV. thank goodness the other 98% of the population does want the technology to advance.
Pauly

Pauly

I can't wait for the digital transition to hit the GTA area.

My friend has an analogue tv connected to his cogeco cable, but he has a digital tv in the main room. He always goes to his analog tv and swears when he realizes his specialty channels cant be tuned in unless he buys a box, which he knows he should get, hes just lazy, hes not mad at cogeco, hes actually mad that hes lazy. So he finally went and got a digital STB, now he never leaves the basement.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

I'm all for the digital transition - but at least offer the base channels in clear QAM so you don't need a box for each and every TV - even the ones that only get watched occasionally.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

what do u think the DTA adaptors are for, those are for you to receive the channels. Qam is a mess right now, the frequencies will be changed and re-mapped all the time no sense to follow it, its like computer language.
Expand your moderator at work
Pauly

Pauly

Re: Digital Transitions

is that an insult? qam will eventually be scrambled and you WILL need an STB for it just like other cable companies are already doing, so instead of learning to figure it out and insult others, might as well get a DTA and join the club instead of trying to go against everyone

Bry
Canada

Bry

I'd rather wait it out.