spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jpaik
join:2002-01-09
Hamilton, ON

jpaik

Pace 777D - DVR problem

I noticed that the Pace box seems to incorrectly report the amount of available space for recordings.

I needed to free up space to make room for new recordings. It seemed as though I needed to not only delete old recordings but also the history of the deletions. In other words, after I deleted a recording I needed to go into DVR history and Cleanup and delete messages such as "this recording deleted by user".

Until all those messages were deleted, the "% full" amount did not change. But after deletion, % full went from 88% to 6%! Is the unit hanging onto those messages as some sort of place-holder? I ended up deleting recordings I would rather have kept!

Also, I've been told that Cogeco no longer rents the 777D due to bugs and customer complaints. I would like to swap it for the latest available box. Can I do this without getting into an argument at the storefront and without pre-authorization from Cogeco tech support?

Thanks.

MisterMom8
join:2004-09-08
Kingston, ON

MisterMom8

I doubt you can swap it for what you want at the storefront, they only pass out what is available and wont look for a certain type/model. I just got a RNG200N but it was sent from Burlington after complaining and almost canceling my HD service.

Best regards,
Dan Gordon

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

No I think they've actively removed the 777D from storefronts. You'll get a RNG200N or maybe a 641x if they have any of those hanging around still.

chdude3
join:2003-07-29
Oakville, ON

chdude3

said by Last Parade:

No I think they've actively removed the 777D from storefronts. You'll get a RNG200N or maybe a 641x if they have any of those hanging around still.

What about the 788D that is still listed at stores like FutureShop and Best Buy?

Wait... I was going to post a link to Best Buy until I saw that "RNG200N" was part of the URL, and despite the TITLE of the item being TDC788D, the model number is listed as RNG200N.

Are they one and the same? What's the difference from the old units to these ones?