uniqs
share rss forum feed

Matthew
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-03
Emmett, ID

Tidal Pools around Southern WA Northern OR

Howdy!

So the wife and I are staying in Long Beach until tomorrow, hoping to find some tidal pools to see on the way back home. Wondering if anyone here might have a recommendation as to where to find some tidal pools in the area?

I am hoping to find a rocky beach type area, as opposed to much of the marsh or straight sand we have seen.

We haven't picked a route home just yet, but likely shoot for 5/205/84 back into Idaho. Could drift down the Oregon coast to find a good tidal pool, though.

Thanks in advance!
Matthew

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
for tide pools you'll need some solid rock or at least really large boulders with enough tide/current to wash out the sand, sort of the opposite of Long beach. While you can probably find some here and there (try down near northhead, or cape disappointment at the south end of long beach near the columbia
most of the rocky beachs are further north in washington, above copalis and really good from La Push northward.
closer to you would be to go south towards cannon beack /three capes area anywhere a headland juts out from the sandy beaches.

Asking the locals is the best bet

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
reply to Matthew
I know for the fact that there are some tidal pools on the OR coast, but it was over 10 years ago that I lived reasonably near.
--
Perry v2.012!