spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lpenix
join:2008-09-04
Marshall, NC

lpenix

broadband on two computers

i have an usb modem thru verizon, how can i use the same conection on two computers at the same time. thought about a wireless router, but i dont think they have a usb contecion for the incomming conection, im using two laptops, can you connect to the other laptop using the wireless conection and share the conection, if so how. thanks
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

Just use a 3G wireless router . They have great selection , prices and support here

»www.wirelessnwifi.com/Wi ··· -Routers

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck to lpenix

MVM

to lpenix
If you have paid for your modem you could call Verizon and get a MiFi instead.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman to lpenix

Premium Member

to lpenix
I use a few of the Cradlepoint »www.cradlepoint.com/ WiFi routers with great success when using USB modems.

WMLARRY7
join:2001-08-21
Pike Road, AL

WMLARRY7

I would highly recommend the Cradlepoint MBR 1200. I connect three computers with usb modem plugged into it at download speeds of 8MBPS.
kingfisher
Premium Member
join:2007-07-17
Webster, NY

kingfisher to lpenix

Premium Member

to lpenix
Another vote for Cradlepoint. I have an MBR 1000 which I usually use with a wired cable connection. When the cable fails, I can plug my Verizon BlackBerry Storm into the Cradlepoint via USB cable and provide internet over either wired or wireless connections.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08 to lpenix

Premium Member

to lpenix
I use a cricket usb modem to connect the house. What I did was shared the connection of the USB modem through one of my 2 nic's on the computer. From the nic I ran a cat6 to a wireless router I had laying around. On the wireless router, I just plugged into the port that says internet. So when my computer is connected online, the router has internet access. I followed these directions from instructable »www.instructables.com/id ··· -Dialup/

Its pretty much the same steps but instead of dial up you have a usb modem and think of the wireless router as the xbox. I too have looked into those cradlepoints but they seem to be a PITA to set up if your USB modem is not compatiable with a usb wireless router. I bought one of these »www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 33180064 and never got it working. My EC1705 was not compatible so it was asking what numbers to dial, user name and password which I did not know. After searching around I found nothing.

Whats the usb model number?