how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zerosixer

join:2011-10-10
Knoxville, TN

[Price] "Free" Premium channel, contradicting info

I'm about to order Xfinity Digital Starter with Any Premium Channel & Performance Internet. The Comcast web site says:"Pick a Premium free for 3 months limited to one premium. ... After 3 months, monthly service charge for selected premium goes to $10.00 for months 4-6. After 6 months, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular rates apply."

The Xfinity web site forces you to select the premium channel when ordering online, so I contacted Comcast customer support about NOT picking a premium channel, and got contradicting information.

CSR #1 told me that the "free" premium channel is mandatory, but that it's free for 6 months and after that, regular charges apply.

CSR #2 told me that he can "remove" the premium channel if I place my order with him, but if I choose one, it's going to be free for six months and that I can cancel any time without penalty.

Neither of these statements is what the Xfinity web site says. Neither CSR offered to put the order in writing for me.

I'm not having the warm and fuzzies about dealing with Comcast sales... does anyone know a way to get the pricing and terms in writing before placing the order?

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

said by zerosixer:

I'm not having the warm and fuzzies about dealing with Comcast sales... does anyone know a way to get the pricing and terms in writing before placing the order?

When I ordered I found a rep out in the field at a local electronics store. He gave me the paperwork right there that had the advertised rate on the flyer, as well as the same info on the actual order sheet. Perhaps call around to local electronics stores to see if they are having any Comcast reps in store in the near future.

I don't see what the big deal is. Order a premium. Wait until you get your first bill to make sure things are in the system right, then cancel if you really don't want it.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to zerosixer

As with a lot of companies these days online offers are not the same as when you go or call in. as a for instance i can go to advanced auto parts and get any part for 20 percent off what it costs at the stores. the nature of the internet these days is one rate or deal online does not match what you get when not online.As with purchases. deals with comcast are billed in advance and you are free to cancel at any time.

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA
kudos:2

said by rody_44:

As with a lot of companies these days online offers are not the same as when you go or call in.

The results will even vary among different reps on the phone or in the online chat. There's no consistency at all. One might offer nothing while the next might give you two years of a premium channel for free.

zerosixer

join:2011-10-10
Knoxville, TN
reply to zerosixer

Went to Hhgregg to sign up, got a price without the premium channel ($74.99 for six months and $116.94 after that) and $34.95 for installation. Called the 1-888 number to schedule the installation. The price quoted on the phone was $74.99 for six months, $94.99 for the following 6 months and $110 after that, and $50 for installation... It'll be interesting to see what the final price will be...