spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dan000

@sbcglobal.net

WNDR3700v1/AV 1.0.16.98-dns BETA RELEASED!! FIXES DNS BUG!!

Go to support Netgear Support site and download it. It fixes SERIOUS DNS issues people were having w/ their WNDR3700v1/AV. A separate download is also available for the WNDR3700v2.

jcouch93

join:2002-01-29
Marietta, GA

What DNS issue was that? A link would be fine. Thanks!

Dan000

@sbcglobal.net

You need to read the Netgear forums concerning the exact issue, but it caused frequent disconnects & Netgear thought is was serious enough to make it a public release after their testers found it so helpful. Some say wireless signal is better w/ this release.

If you are NOT having issues, just wait a few more weeks for the general release! If it ain't broke.....

Dan000

@sbcglobal.net
reply to jcouch93

If you select "Find Your Product" at Netgear Support Website and it executes a product search, it is then highlighted/listed on the "Product Quick Links" on right-hand side of router picture!

For the WNDR3700v1/AV:

»support.netgear.com/app/answers/···id/19565

For the WNDR3700v2/AV

»support.netgear.com/app/answers/···id/19563

jp
Premium
join:2000-05-18
Fountain Hills, AZ
reply to Dan000

I was getting random DNS dropouts - was not sure what was causing the issue, ISP or modem/router - betting it was the router now. I updated and at least to date - no issues.

Dan000

@sbcglobal.net

Good to know it's working well. I believe only "certain" DNS servers will cause this bug, but none-the-less, it's a serious bug.

kdshapiro

join:2000-03-29
Eatontown, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Dan000

I haven't upgraded router since .55, due to disconnects. V98 bug fix seems solid.

The only issue is with plugging in a USB. On .55 I could plug in a USB flash drive enable the internet settings for ftp and http, and it worked fine.

The same settings with .98 do not work.
--
Ken

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

said by kdshapiro:

I haven't upgraded router since .55, due to disconnects. V98 bug fix seems solid.

The only issue is with plugging in a USB. On .55 I could plug in a USB flash drive enable the internet settings for ftp and http, and it worked fine.

The same settings with .98 do not work.

Did you report the issue to Netgear?

Dan000

@sbcglobal.net
reply to kdshapiro

@kdshapiro:
USB devices vanishing is a hardware bug, I believe. They are fixing it on their "best selling" WNDR3700 w/ a hardware revision -- WNDR3700v3

It'll be Broadcom based!

»support.netgear.com/app/products···id/19278

It is a neutered WNDR4000!

»www.wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_WNDR3700v3

kdshapiro

join:2000-03-29
Eatontown, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Dan000

I was waiting to see what other feedback was.

On the USB Storage -> Advanced settings page when the HTTP(via Internet) and FTP(via Internet) was enabled I used to be able to access the flash drive.

Under .55 it worked under .98 it didn't. I'm going to revert to .55 and try again with the general release of .98.
--
Ken