spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ecom

join:2009-10-15
San Francisco, CA

Problems with Youtube?

Anyone else having problems with Youtube? I'm finding that my videos are only loading somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 and then it will load no more as indicated by the grey bar. I'm not sure if this on Youtube's end or perhaps something with my connection. It is not isolated to one computer. It matters not if I bypass my router by hooking the computer directly to the modem.

The three computers I use mainly are Intel i7 with 8GB RAM and a Intel Core2Duo 3GHz and 2.6GHz (laptop) both w/ 4GB RAM. All are on wired gigabit Ethernet and running Win7 x64, Firefox 7, latest Adobe and Java plugins. Antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials except the laptop which has Eset Nod.

This video consistently stops at 2:27 for example. The only way to proceed is to move the position indicator past the stop and then back.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJOGq5XTojo

Tobester

join:2000-11-14
San Francisco, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
Hi, I'm here in San Francisco too and could play your Youtube link all the way through.

I tried another Youtube video and it played fine also.

Perhaps it's your taste in music

Just kidding.

Cheers,
Tobester

xan_user

join:2004-11-18
Santa Rosa, CA
reply to ecom
do you have a hardware firewall? sounds like sonic's 5 min dhcp renew might be being blocked.

ecom

San Francisco, CA
reply to ecom
Seems you hit the nail on the head with the WAN DHCP lease, but I cannot figure out what's causing it.

xan_user

join:2004-11-18
Santa Rosa, CA
reply to ecom

ecom

San Francisco, CA
reply to ecom
Ok, so I have DDWRT and the solution in that thread fixed on the router side.

When I bypassed the router I had to open the firewall on the laptop also. Eset software has a firewall also.

thanks