uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
reply to gigahurtz

Re: How is this company still in business?

I've had an iPhone (2g), an Android phone (Sony Experia x10) and currently have a Blackberry 9900 for my work phone. I have to say out of all of them the BB has blown anything away with its integration to Outlook and related services (calender, etc).

All I can say is that if you don't get hundreds of emails a day or sit on multiple conference calls maybe you wouldn't feel the same way as I do. But in my opinion the blackberry blows everything out of water as a business tool.

/no outages for me yet
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

Tabitha Ann Judd born 10/24: The Judd Family site!

not

@comcast.net
said by Dennis:

I've had an iPhone (2g), an Android phone (Sony Experia x10) and currently have a Blackberry 9900 for my work phone. I have to say out of all of them the BB has blown anything away with its integration to Outlook and related services (calender, etc).

All I can say is that if you don't get hundreds of emails a day or sit on multiple conference calls maybe you wouldn't feel the same way as I do. But in my opinion the blackberry blows everything out of water as a business tool.

/no outages for me yet

You're out of your mind on this. If you have your Outlook tied to a work MS Exchange server, ActiveSync (what's used on iPhones and Android) is much better than the RIM bs they have. You get full immediate wireless sync of all your contacts, email, calendar. Subfolder support in Email. Full "true" HTML rendering of email as opposed to the kiddy-html rendering that a BB does. About the only thing that's a big flaw with iPhone is the fact that it doesn't support multiple signatures for each email account individually. That's been a big peev with a lot of folks, but other than that, it blows a BB out of the water.

I think your problem is that the phones you had in the past (iPhone 2G) is that the OS wasn't advanced enough on it for you to see what it can really do. The 2G was way too old and it really wasn't until iOS2.x that ActiveSync was available to it and even then, it only got better as it progressed into 3.x versions. Anything less than a 3.x iOS iPhone and you really didn't get a good example of what the Exchange integration can do. Honestly, you really need 4.x to really see the big benefits, like multi-exchange account support, etc.

Think of it this way... what you saw on your iPhone 2G is about equivalent to a 6xxx BB model of the past. If you're a big BB nerd, you'll understand what I mean by that and have a good understanding of the viewpoint.

Couple an iPhone with Good technology software (as the other poster here said) and you have a much stronger solution then BES and a BB could ever bring you. And to top it all off, you have a real Smartphone... because you don't need a NoC in Canada to be up in order for you to render webpages, get your email, messages, or pretty much anything else other than phonecalls or sms. I pitty RIM if the Chinese ever get their teeth into their network. RIP RIM for real at that point.

rifleman69

join:2006-04-12
Beaverton, OR
reply to Dennis
said by Dennis:

/no outages for me yet

Or you've just been stuck in your BB world without venturing out. Sad really. Waterloo Ontario is not your friend.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to Dennis
said by Dennis:

Obviously, you haven't truly explored the Android world. I can do all of that and more. Grab a Droid3 (or a D2G) and play with it. I'm sure it'll smoke your BB.
--
Bresnan 30M/5M
MyWS[i7-870@4.1G,16G RAM,2x1T HDDs,Win7]
WifeWS[A64@2G,2G RAM,120G HDD,Win7]
Router[2xP3@1G,512M RAM,18G HDD,Allied Telesyn AT2560FX,2xDigital QP DE504,Compaq DP NC3131,2xSun QP GigaSwift, SMC 8432BTA, FreeBSD]