spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xenophon

join:2007-09-17
reply to ropeguru

Re: How is this company still in business?

said by ropeguru:

Honestly, for larger corporations, I think they might be around for a while. With lots of proprietary information out there in that realm, there is no other vendor/phone that supplies the security and encryption that the blackberry gives.

There are other services now that do. Good for Enterprise (available on smartphones) is overly secure actually. They have the admin option to not even let it run on rooted phones.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

That's what we use here, a major financial company. I sit across from mobile support and they constantly get calls and have to tell people rooted phones are not allowed. On Android even some legit apps trigger the phone being rooted.
There is also Mobile Iron.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

Sometimes rooted phones are better than unrooted ones.

1. You have more control over the phone.
2. You can install apps that the provider doesn't like (which could be anything).
3. You can set the passwords to anything on the phone.
4. You can remove the excessive crap that the providers put on the phone.

As for "unrooted phones are more secure".. Bullcrap. You should call (or google) HTC and ask them what happened when an exploit nailed some of their popular phones.
--
Bresnan 30M/5M
MyWS[i7-870@4.1G,16G RAM,2x1T HDDs,Win7]
WifeWS[A64@2G,2G RAM,120G HDD,Win7]
Router[2xP3@1G,512M RAM,18G HDD,Allied Telesyn AT2560FX,2xDigital QP DE504,Compaq DP NC3131,2xSun QP GigaSwift, SMC 8432BTA, FreeBSD]

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2

Rooted phones are no good for an enterprise that wants to control security.