cjs1
Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-12-22
Trumbull, CT

cjs1

Premium Member

[help] DSL disconnects in Trumbull, CT

So in the past month or so, my connection has dropped four times. Each outage lasts for a day or more, then mysteriously I have sync again.

Anyone have any insight? advice?

As of 3AM this morning, I'm connected again, but I'd still like to figure out what's wrong. This is happening too often to be an isolated thing, and I've tried all I can think of to troubleshoot on my end.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

Check your modem during the disconnect. The SpeedStream modems have a status page reporting the state of the ATM link, and similar, which would be useful to see. Should be all green "Pass". The other issue modems might have similar.

cjs1
Chris
Premium Member
Trumbull, CT

cjs1

Premium Member

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to try that actually. But I have a SpeedStream 5360 which, based on my research, doesn't have its own admin, etc. pages. (It's just a bridge.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if I'm misunderstanding you.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

Ah; I should have qualified my statement. From the SpeedStream 5100b (5 L.E.D. model) forward, the SpeedStream modems have a web interface. The older models do not. Their model number ordination is backwards; lower numbers are newer.

cjs1
Chris
Premium Member
Trumbull, CT

cjs1

Premium Member

Interesting info about the model numbers. I was actually wondering why (seemingly) older models had a web interface and I didn't.

Thanks for the help. Any other ideas for troubleshooting?

MrFixitCT
pay it forward

join:2000-12-01
Port Charlotte, FL

MrFixitCT

if you'll IM me the tel# I'll look at the line stats..