Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

2 edits

lol on trade in gift card

So I have the gift card you get for upgrading to a smart phone and sending in your old phone ($100). Not sure if they are still running this promotion. So the letter says you can apply it to your bill. No option online and I've been on the phone for 30 minutes with them trying to figure out how to do it.

Call 1-800-verizon "we can't help you, i'll transfer you to wireless"
WAIT
Speak to wireless "we can't help you, you have to speak to 1-bill"
WAIT
Waiting on hold for 1-bill for 15 minutes

You know what the freaking answer is...now I have to DRIVE to a Verizon store and have them fill out a form. What a joke. Oh well, still a free $100 I didn't have.

Has to make you laugh!

--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
They have had these 'gift card' rebate promotions for a while. I had a bunch last year because we have 4 phones in our household and I think I got 3 with rebates. I don't recall what steps I had to follow, but I was able to apply to my bill online then without the help of any other humans.

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
reply to fishacura
yeah looks like I have to find a local store and go there. seems really lame to me.

hopdevil30

@verizon.net
reply to fishacura
Dealing with same issue. The process is complicated because I have the One-bill option and no one at VZW store knows how to apply the trade-in gift cards to my account balance.

I've been back and forth with the One-bill folks and in-store reps for the last 3 days. Turns out the store has to file a 'TOPS request' in order to apply the gift cards. Hoping this situation is resolved today because it's getting to be a pain in the a$$.

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
Let me know how you make out. I am STILL dealing with it. Went to one store and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. Said "you should be able to call #pmt on your phone and hit option 3 for gift card". Funny thing is I called #pmt and don't even get an option 3!!!" I am so annoyed by this. "Here's $100 but you can't use it...YEESH!"
--
People who don't get good service on average tell 10 others while people who do get good service on average tell 1.

RickT
Premium
join:2008-06-09
Clovis, CA
reply to fishacura
I got a $50 one a few months ago, had the same problem, couldn't apply it to my bill. Finally found somewhere on the web site where you can transfer it to a bank account with no fee. Voila, $50 added to the checking account without any phone calls or store visits.
--
Mac mini, Snow Leopard 10.6.8.1
Verizon 5GB LTE Plan, UML290, Cradlepoint CTR35 wireless router

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
reply to fishacura
@rickT....PLEASE send that link if you can dig it up

@hope...just talked to the store and they told me because I am a one-bill customer they cannot apply it to my bill but if I was getting 2 bills I could. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I wish someone could see this from Verizon (here's what I have been through)

Called 1-800-Verizon and they told me I had to speak to "wireless" so they xfered me...fair enough

Spoke to Wireless and they told me I was a 1-bill customer so I had to speak to 1-bill and they xfered me...with the areas talked to one another but okay fair enough again.

Spoke to 1-bill and they told me I had to go to a store

Went to a store Saturday night and the guy looked at the card and said "I've never seen one of these....You should be able to dial #pmt and hit option #3 to pay by gift card"....no help here.

Went home, called #pmt and I don't even get a 3rd option to pay by gift card.

Called Verizon Wireless back and asked to speak to a supervisor. They put me through the automated system to listen with me and confirm I don't get an option to pay by gift card. Then they told me I had to go through one bill.

Got a call Sunday morning. Gentleman said he was a verizon wireless supervisor and to please call him back. Number he left was 1-843-566-8600 x1791 . I called and when I enter the extension it says "this extention does not exist" and disconects....no option for an operator literally just hangs up on me.

Checked another store today and they said if I was getting 2 bills they could apply it to my wireless bill but because I am on one bill they cannot. UNREAL!

I would have expected at one of the last points someone would have said "you know what, for a hundred bucks, the guy has been through the ringer...someone just credit his account for the trouble" but no such luck.
--

RenHoek
You Eeeediot
Premium
join:2000-10-02
Peyton, CO
Reviews:
·Skybeam
reply to fishacura
I got one of these when I did my last phone upgrade. Went online to the site listed on the card to manage it online, and was able to transfer the $100 directly into my checking account, problem solved.
--
Don't touch that, it's the history eraser button you fool!

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
No site listed on this card...

RickT
Premium
join:2008-06-09
Clovis, CA
reply to fishacura
I think it was via this portal at the verizon site:

»www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/Gift···rServlet

Don't have a number/pin anymore to verify. Try the account balance selection and see if they allow you to transfer the balance there.
--
Mac mini, Snow Leopard 10.6.8.1
Verizon 5GB LTE Plan, UML290, Cradlepoint CTR35 wireless router

fishacura

Phoenixville, PA
reply to fishacura
No such luck. I had actually seen this link but thanks for posting it. I've resigned myself to VZ really dropping the ball on this one. basically they have told me becasue I subscribe to one-bill I cannot use the card for my bill....if I had a separate wireless bill I could. Ridiculous. They do many things right but got this one very wrong.
--