how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

asdfdfdfdfdf

@myvzw.com
reply to r81984

Re: Truth or FUD?

And this transformation has been happening over a period of at least 5 years and with government support hasn't it? It isn't like lightsquared just suddenly took it upon itself to alter it's behavior and throw in terrestrial usage. It also isn't as if there wasn't quite a window in which the gps industry had opportunity to plan for this eventuality.
I still don't understand why the gps industry believes that it should have an eternal ability to dictate uses of spectrum that was never allocated to it. Shouldn't there be some responsibility on the part of the gps industry to shoulder some of the burden given that we are talking about spectrum that isn't allocated to gps in the first place?

Ulmo

join:2005-09-22
Aptos, CA
said by asdfdfdfdfdf :

And this transformation has been happening over a period of at least 5 years and with government support hasn't it? It isn't like lightsquared just suddenly took it upon itself to alter it's behavior and throw in terrestrial usage. It also isn't as if there wasn't quite a window in which the gps industry had opportunity to plan for this eventuality.
I still don't understand why the gps industry believes that it should have an eternal ability to dictate uses of spectrum that was never allocated to it.

They (GPS industry, i.e., us people) aren't using spectrum not allocated to them. They are using spectrum allocated to them, i.e., the obvious resultant doppler-shifted reception of GPS satellite transmissions. That is the way spectrum works. Your concept that this is not theirs because you want to wave magic pixy dust around and ignore physics is just bogus. Everyone knew in the scientific and allocation field of this spectrum that this is the way it works, and that was how to use it, and therefore that is their spectrum, and it's been that way ever since the spectrum was allocated. Your claim that this is not their spectrum is bogus.