share rss forum feed

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1

You're Fired

All of this might matter if a million of us hadn't said 'You're Fired' to 'Quit-flix'.

On a related note, my monthly network usage numbers for my ISP are down.

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

said by unknvoip:

All of this might matter if a million of us hadn't said 'You're Fired' to 'Quit-flix'.

It still matters to those millions of us who thought "What's all the fuss? $8/mo. for streaming is still a good deal."

Happy to see my ISP, Comcast, is at #3.

Jim

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL
reply to unknvoip

I enjoy Netflix. Can't beat $8 a month unlimited streaming.

I never seen great shows like,

Dexter
Weeds
Sons of Anarchy
And now I starting watching Breaking Bad.

$8 bucks a month is well worth it.
Fire your Cable provider.
--
"Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul."

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Dexter isn't on Netflix streaming any longer. Nor do they make their show available on any internet VOD service that I'm aware of. I've paid $2.99/episode for Amazon VOD to stay current on Breaking Bad. By contrast, Showtime hasn't gotten any of my money because they refuse to make Dexter available through any mechanism other than overpriced cable or illegal P2P.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to unknvoip

A price increase is never welcome, but when you compare netflix prices vs other home entertainment services, cable, VOD, video store rentals, they are still a very good deal.
a million may have left, but the vast majority stayed, I'm happy that they didn't go ahead with separating the services into quickster and netflix, that was a dumb ass idea.

JasonOD

@comcast.net
reply to wings10

said by wings10:

......$8 bucks a month is well worth it.
Fire your Cable provider.

I guess you didn't get the memo that the content owners have and will continue to pull shows off Netflix until or unless they price on-par with the broadcast model.

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

And until they do I will stick with Netflix for $8 a month. Not Cable for channels like HBO for $16 a month for the same 5 movies repeated every month.

Hey but to each his own if it works for you.

--
"Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul."