spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fltelman
join:2004-01-18
Middleburg, FL

fltelman

45 MB internet service

Anyone have details about a new 45mb internet using a 55 mb bonded profile?

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

I have never heard of this new profile. Where did you hear about this?

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386 to fltelman

to fltelman
lol, this is the first I've heard of this one. If it is true, they'll surpass the local cableco's 40/5 offering.

houkouonchi
join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi to fltelman

to fltelman
Uh oh. I think ConstantineM on FTTH is gonna freak if this is true.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to fltelman

Premium Member

to fltelman
If it were true why would it be for bonded only? I have a max rate higher than that on a single pair. If they ever did offer this I would hate to see the price.

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

said by Nuckfuts:

If it were true why would it be for bonded only? I have a max rate higher than that on a single pair. If they ever did offer this I would hate to see the price.

Not sure why you are criticizing something that is just rumor or speculations with no facts, details or an announcement from AT&T.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

said by dslfan90 :

said by Nuckfuts:

Not sure why you are criticizing something that is just rumor or speculations with no facts, details or an announcement from AT&T.

Because it is a forum and I can post what I want. I am speculating, not criticizing, and since it is already $65/month for 24/3 I could only imagine what they would charge for a higher tier. I think they charge too much in the first place but they are still cheaper than comcast which is my only other option here (plus comcast in not very good in my area either).
CplEstesUSMC
join:2005-02-16
Douglasville, GA

CplEstesUSMC to fltelman

to fltelman
What did you hear the upload was going to be?
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420

Premium Member

said by CplEstesUSMC:

What did you hear the upload was going to be?

That's the thing though. Most of the current pair-bonded setups struggle to get 2Mbps up (and that's with both pairs) let alone 5Mbps that is required for the 24/3 or whatever would be required for this imaginary new Internet speed.

40Mbps still wouldn't beat Charter around here (they have 60/5.) However I'd prefer AT&T as it is usually more stable and no caps (yet.) If they ever implement the caps, especially if it's 250GB, I'll just go with Charter's 60/5 with a 500GB cap. At least they don't charge overages either.

TheTruth
@sutherlandglobal.com

TheTruth

Anon

It's true, 45MB internet is coming. Needs to use a bonded pair in order to get a high enough profile to allow those speeds. Won't be available to everyone since you'll need 2 very good lines in order to get those speeds.

Currently bonded pair is used to give service to customers that are just outside the normal uverse service area.

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

said by TheTruth :

It's true, 45MB internet is coming. Needs to use a bonded pair in order to get a high enough profile to allow those speeds. Won't be available to everyone since you'll need 2 very good lines in order to get those speeds.

Currently bonded pair is used to give service to customers that are just outside the normal uverse service area.

That makes sense. If pair bonding is used on customers who currently do not need pair bonding, it would increase both their download and upload bandwidth allowing for a higher line profile.

Will this only affect U-verse internet service offerings and not TV offerings?
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

I hae pairbonding now and it reportes the 2 line aggregate max rate as 81 mbps
45612019 (banned)
join:2004-02-05
New York, NY

1 recommendation

45612019 (banned) to fltelman

to fltelman
Sounds great.

Hit your monthly 250 GB bandwidth cap in just 12 hours instead of 24!

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

said by 45612019:

Sounds great.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no U-verse internet caps are being enforced.

Michail
Premium Member
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL

Michail to dslfan90

Premium Member

to dslfan90
said by dslfan90 :

Will this only affect U-verse internet service offerings and not TV offerings?

It could allow for more TV streams, though I doubt they would bump the bitrate. That may be the primary reason for the tier.

They need to do something will all that copper nobody is using anymore.

At any rate, it would probably be years given that this is AT&T.
Michail

Michail to Nuckfuts

Premium Member

to Nuckfuts
said by Nuckfuts:

said by dslfan90 :

said by Nuckfuts:

Because it is a forum and I can post what I want. I am speculating, not criticizing, and since it is already $65/month for 24/3 I could only imagine what they would charge for a higher tier. I think they charge too much in the first place but they are still cheaper than comcast which is my only other option here (plus comcast in not very good in my area either).

Yes, I pay about $500 month combined bills to AT&T. If they start pulling things like U-verse caps I'm going to take a serious look at that spending.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to fltelman

Premium Member

to fltelman
This is not the first time I heard of this....

In this topic: »AT&T U-verse FTTP speeds, why do they limit fibre to 18/1.5?

A guy called "um" is hinting that there might be a 55 profile in the works.

Whether it is all true? Who knows.... where did you hear this?

Anonman
@sbcglobal.net

Anonman

Anon

What they need to do is offer the HSI only customers a way to not have interleave profile so our ping does not have to suck.

I get like 0-12 correct blocks a day unless bad lightning and yet my ping to most things is 50-90ms... AT&T DNS server a lone has a 40ms ping delay for me... Thats sad. Every other provider can have a ms in the teens to at least they own DNS...

They should only require interleave for tv customers... bahh.. more speed is useless if in games and browsing your biggest delay is the latency part. For downloads its great though, nice fast speeds.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to dslfan90

Premium Member

to dslfan90
said by dslfan90 :

said by 45612019:

Sounds great.

Sorry to disappoint you, but no U-verse internet caps are being enforced.

Not yet but it was in the works. I heard they cannot properly monitor it yet.
Nuckfuts

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

Whether it is true or not AT&T has to do something to compete in the future. We have all discussed and complained how they need to deploy FTTH, etc., etc., but if they start pair-bonding to increase max rates it looks like AT&T is going to continue to squeeze every last usage out of their last mile copper.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
Orange, CA

maartena to Anonman

Premium Member

to Anonman
said by Anonman :

What they need to do is offer the HSI only customers a way to not have interleave profile so our ping does not have to suck.

I get like 0-12 correct blocks a day unless bad lightning and yet my ping to most things is 50-90ms... AT&T DNS server a lone has a 40ms ping delay for me... Thats sad. Every other provider can have a ms in the teens to at least they own DNS...

They should only require interleave for tv customers... bahh.. more speed is useless if in games and browsing your biggest delay is the latency part. For downloads its great though, nice fast speeds.

It's that way by design....If you require better latency for internet gaming, you would have to go with cable.
StLCardsFan
join:2011-06-06
Lafayette, LA

StLCardsFan to fltelman

to fltelman
said by fltelman:

Anyone have details about a new 45mb internet using a 55 mb bonded profile?

I had a level2 tech explain they are in the process of rolling out 32 and upto 55mb service because I was bitching about only having 18mbit available with the att highrise close enough to hit with a 1 wood... yeah and their urban fiber loop 20 feet from here.

So i guess this rumor is true with the 55mbit.

Like mentioned in previous posts ... hopefully they wont require a bundle with tv or on vdsl2 ...and they will also implement these speeds on adsl2 (which is better for us that require low latency internet)
ohh
join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA

ohh to fltelman

to fltelman
Well, it would only make sense that they should offer faster internet to compete with other companies...

We will see :O I know people would order it IF the price is competitive.

65$ for 24/3 is pretty steep already.

if it was 65$ 45/5+ or 55/5+ perhaps. It depends on how many tiers they add and how much price leverage they give etc.
StLCardsFan
Lafayette, LA

StLCardsFan

well ... in the stL metro area (home of the Cardinals ...YAY) charter mops up the floor with ATT ...regarding PQ and Internet speeds ... oddly some areas ATT still has a stranglehold on neighborhoods including downtown with archaic franchising agreements.

Being StL is charters hometown ... i would expect the various cities in the metro area to show charter a little more love ...

Sadly ..where charter isn't ... ATT has failed to upgrade their service to even the most basic Uverse requirements ... the 3 or 4 hd streams ... ect.

So i would expect ATT to only upgrade their speed tiers where they have real competition.

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90

Anon

said by StLCardsFan:

Sadly ..where charter isn't ... ATT has failed to upgrade their service to even the most basic Uverse requirements ... the 3 or 4 hd streams ... ect.

Are you sure about that?

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
Orange, CA

maartena to fltelman

Premium Member

to fltelman
If a 45 Mb service will be launched, I won't pay more then $75 for it. $65 is really at the top end of my budget for internet anyways, but if there is a say.... 45/5 service coming, I can probably squeeze out another $10 out of my budget, but it really isn't worth more then that in my opinion.
StLCardsFan
Lafayette, LA

StLCardsFan to dslfan90

to dslfan90
in some of st. louis (or most) yes that is the case. Downtown uverse in most highrises doesn't exist ...well ipdslam does ..but not the real uverse... keep in mind st. louis city is not st. louis county.

and att will not install a mdu vrad without some 10 or 20 year non-compete contract...which is odd being most of downtown st. louis is less than 3000 feet from the downtown CO on pine street (the one i can hit with golfballs using a 1 wood)
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi
Yeap! If they offer a 45Mbps package to copper customers, whilst still limiting my 622Mbps/155Mbps 32:1 PON G.983 FTTU (»Re: Alcatel HONT-C: 155.52 Mbps upstream / 622.08 Mbps downstrea) to 18/1.5, then I'll certainly be even further amused!

dslfan90
@sbcglobal.net

dslfan90 to StLCardsFan

Anon

to StLCardsFan
said by StLCardsFan:

in some of st. louis (or most) yes that is the case. Downtown uverse in most highrises doesn't exist ...well ipdslam does ..but not the real uverse... keep in mind st. louis city is not st. louis county.

and att will not install a mdu vrad without some 10 or 20 year non-compete contract...which is odd being most of downtown st. louis is less than 3000 feet from the downtown CO on pine street (the one i can hit with golfballs using a 1 wood)

Well, U-verse TV cannot be delivered via ipdslam.

I was asking about your comment that there are cities where people who do receive U-verse TV cannot receive 3 or 4 HD streams. All customers that have U-verse TV should be able to receive 3 or 4 HD streams depending on their distance from the VRAD.

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386

said by dslfan90 :

said by StLCardsFan:

Well, U-verse TV cannot be delivered via ipdslam.

I was asking about your comment that there are cities where people who do receive U-verse TV cannot receive 3 or 4 HD streams. All customers that have U-verse TV should be able to receive 3 or 4 HD streams depending on their distance from the VRAD.

Furthermore, I don't care how far you can hit a golf ball. Do you think being able to see something has any relationship to distance as the cable feet?