Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rdwilson
Signum Occultus

join:2001-01-22
Mckinney, TX

Is Tech Support Stumped?

Can anyone figure this one out? Service Ticket...
--------------------------
Main Issue: Voice Issue
Summary: Linksys SPA2102 Dead

VOIP down. Device has no power lights. Voltmeter shows 5 VDC at AC adapter plug.
---------------------------

I guess they are stymied by the complexity of the issue as there has been no response for over 3 hours. Now I know that I can not expect a Rocket Surgeon or a Brain Scientist to reply. But I bet my 7 year old dog could answer this one.

Seriously, does anyone know if I can just pick one up at retail, upload via TFTP the config file (I have my own copy) or is the MAC of each device used for authentication?
--
"It is wise to disclose what cannot be concealed". - Friedrich von Schiller

rdwilson
Signum Occultus

Mckinney, TX
Hmm. No reply for over 24 hours. Is Tech Support asleep at the wheel?

I guess what I have been reading is true. We are paying a premium price for the old legendary Speakeasy support but are getting the very lame Megapath "ignore the problem/customer" treatment.

Having been a customer for 10 years this is very sad indeed. Time to shop for price alone if Megapath is going to be as bad as AT&T...
--

rdwilson
Signum Occultus

Mckinney, TX
OK. 48 hours later I get a call from Tech Support. Since I am sure it's DOA (no LEDs but 5 volts at the wall wart plug), they offer to sell me a replacement for $89 US.

Since I have the original config file and know how to TFTP, I will just run down to Fry's and buy one for $49. They said OK to that...
--

NgtFlyer

join:2000-07-09
Marietta, GA
reply to rdwilson
Reading all of these posts, I am so glad I switched away from what Speakeasy turned into.

Years ago, I had a DSL modem fail in the same way. The first line tech authorized a replacement and had it to me the next day.

I had an awesome run with SE and they were an example of innovative services, liberal TOS and great support.. But as I said in my review, all good things come to an end, and sadly the days of Speakeasy's high standards and support are over.