how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Os

join:2011-01-26
US

ABB HD/SD Channel Request Thread

What channels do you wish Atlantic Broadband would add on your system?

Please try and note your headend and ABB market.

Cumberland (Central Pennsylvania)

HD Channels: Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, ESPNU, AMC, IFC, H2, TCM, HDNet, VH1, MTV, Spike, MSNBC, GSN

Channels In Any Form (SD and HD would be great):
Comcast SportsNet DC
MLB Network
Big Ten Network
CBS Sports Network
Current TV
NatGeo Wild
Cooking Channel

Any of the subchannels attached to local stations we get (WJLA-RTV, WJAC-MeTV, WDCW-Antenna TV, WDCW-This TV, MPT2, PBS Create). We don't get any subchannels here.

The rest of the HBO, Cinemax and Showtime channels. We don't get HBO Comedy or HBO Zone here, we don't get OuterMax, @Max, 5StarMax, WomanMax or ThrillerMax, we don't get Showtime Next, Showtime Women or Showtime Family. I don't subscribe to them currently because I feel the price is too high when you're not getting all the channels. Uniontown and the Eastern Shore has most of the premiums in HD, I assume they'll come when/if we ever go all-digital.

junianby
Premium
join:2006-12-09
Uniontown, PA

1 edit

How about NHL Network in HD
Nick
Uniontown, PA Area

Os

US

1 edit

I'm not a big hockey fan myself, but I left off NHL Network because carrying it usually requires the cable company to also carry the Center Ice out-of-market package, something ABB has shown no interest in doing.

While there is generally the same requirement with MLB Network, I've seen a few exceptions to it. Dish Network who just added it doesn't have Extra Innings.

I'm jealous of your lineup in Uniontown. You have a lot of stuff in HD that we don't down here an hour southeast.

Henri

@atlanticbb.net
reply to Os

AMC in HD.

Johnstown area.

Mountaintech

join:2003-05-30
Cumberland, MD
reply to Os

Anything but more sporting channels unless they are in their own package so I don't have to listen to my family & friends every holiday, reunion, b-day party etc... about the price going up for sports channels they don't watch LOL

Os

US

Since you're sort of "in-the-know", are you hearing anything coming our way soon?

If you want to cry, take a look at what Comcast has in Grantsville.

Os

US
reply to Mountaintech

(double post)

Os

US
reply to Os

Got my latest bill, no notice of anything new coming this month

We're so far behind these other people it's not even funny. I get ABB is small and can't get the deals of everyone else, but at the same time, they have to try and keep people on board.

I'm not a Dish/DTV fan, I'd have to pay an extra $359 annually to see Ravens and other NFL games I get on basic cable (Woot WJZ!) so it's not cheaper. But I'd have so many more HD channels.

I don't even care to get to the 130/140 HD channels the FiOS/TW/BrightHouse/Comcast in Philly people have, I'd be ecstatic just to get to where Uniontown or the Eastern Shore are.

fppilot

@atlanticbb.net
reply to Os

I'm on Maryland Eastern Shore in Grasonville coverage. Big 10 Network is #1 on my list, followed by NHL. I am not a Capitals fan so the regional Fox and Comcast sports stations are not critical for me. I relocated to this area from Pennsylvania last year and due to my wooded lot cannot receive Direct TV. If I could cut down some big trees I'd be back to Direct TV just for that one offering. If Verizon FIOS arrives and they are offering it I will go that direction. Atlanticbb can retain me if they broaden their offerings. I can get a lot of NHL games online via rogue distribution, but the Big 10 is not to be found that way.

Os

US

Atlantic Broadband carries BTN and BTN HD in their Altoona/Johnstown and Uniontown units (on expanded basic/Digital Value). We're connected with those, and we sometimes receive BTN ads locally inserted by ABB, but we do not get it here. It's funny they want us to watch a channel we can't get. Then again, my cable guide directs me to HDNet and Ovation sometimes, channels which we can not get here.

If ABB started some sort of extra sports/entertainment pack, they could easily insert BTN as a part of that, it would only cost a dime or so to cover per subscriber in outlying areas, and people would only have to pay for it if they chose to. Charter had one of those when they owned our system, but it was dropped somewhere along the way by ABB. Many cable companies bundle RedZone in as a part of that. I think ABB might sell more of those than just selling RedZone separately since they could get some more people (maybe bring back Fox Soccer Channel and GolTV for the soccer fans), etc. It's something that could be marketed through all ABB territories.

I'm not a Capitals fan either, but I would like the extra college sports and Ravens coverage that Comcast SportsNet provides. The Maryland fans here miss some games since nobody carries the FSN ACC package of football games that air on Saturday afternoons in this region but CSN DC.

Here's another question: Does ABB have any plans to add HBO Go? I'd sign up for HBO if that were included just to tap into the previous seasons of their original programming, many of which aren't on Netflix.

Os

US

2 edits
reply to Os

UPDATE:

The guide here shows 12 new HD channels, and they are live as of 12/22.

729 Spike HD
730 AMC HD
739 Comedy Central HD
742 MTV HD
759 Cartoon Network HD
763 Nickelodeon HD
768 MSNBC HD
775 Hallmark HD
800 TCM HD
802 LMN HD
826 HBO2 HD
841 Showtime 2 HD

Are you guys getting these in Altoona/Johnstown?

I never received any statement with this in or have I seen any notice in the Cumberland Times-News.

This knocks a lot of the main ones off my list, and I've been telling people here, and they are very happy about AMC, Cartoon Network and Comedy Central in HD.

Os

US
reply to Os

Another update.

MORE new channels this month with ABB Cumberland.

We now have our first local subchannels, WDCW's Antenna TV on channel 151 and This TV on channel 152.

It's like they're listening to us and adding some new programming. I could get used to a couple new channels a month. They're moving right through my list.

Keep up the good work here in Cumberland, ABB.

neadysamurai

join:2012-02-03
Smock, PA
reply to Os

I would love for them to bring back g4! I just switched from dish network and its going to take some getting use to cause the guide and interface is really a pain in the but compared to dish network!

Abb is cheaper and we get the premium channels but there channel guide needs work and so does there hd!
I wont miss the dish bill and the need to have an entire package for 1 channel but i really will miss how there set up was!

Os

US

I doubt G4 ever comes back to Atlantic Broadband. And I would say their relationship with Comcast in negotiations is a bit rocky. And it's easy to leave it off considering DTV hasn't added it back either.

If Comcast manages to package together all their networks and the NBC Universal networks they now own, that's probably the only path back to get G4 on ABB, and to also restore Comcast SportsNet DC to the cable systems here in MD. It's a really good thing the Wizards are terrible and that I'm not a hockey fan.