spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Evan0925

@cmsmechanical.com

[TV] Whole House DVR (What's the real story?!?)

I just wasted 50 minutes on the phone with CFL Bright House to help me with what I thought was an easy question.

I have 1 WHDVR and 2 DVR Converters.
Currently, I can only record 2 channels

I want to REPLACE one of the converters with another DVR.
-Will this increase my recording ability to 4 channels?
-Will I be able to access the recoded list from one WHDVR on this other WHDVR?
-Will the remaining converter be able to access the recorded content from both?

I posed the scenario to BHN and I was told that each WHDVR requires it's own network and they will not communicate with each other. When I asked how anyone would be able to "record up to 16 channels" as advertised..... they didn't have a clue. It was "too technical."

Please help.

To sum it up:
3 rooms. Want to record 4 channels. Want to watch recorded content in any room.

Thanks!

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

you mean 1 whdvr and then 2 regular satellite converters?

Yes, you can change one of the regular converters for another dvr. the dvr's WILL see eachothers recordings and the 3rd box will see the recordings from both of the dvr's. This will give you 4 tuners to record on and 1 terrabyte of storage between the 2 (supposed to be about 120 hours of HD programing)

Evan0925

@cmsmechanical.com

Thank you. Now, how do I explain this to the god people at BHN and what can I expect to pay for this change?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:140

This is very simple. Tell them you are swapping one of the HD converters for a second WHDVR. The cost will be $18.00 but will be offset by $8.00 because you are swapping the box so net increase will be $10.00. If you have any problems at all please contact me via PM.

Evan0925

@cmsmechanical.com

Thanks to both of you. I'll give them a call back now. We'll see how it goes.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

just dont ask them questions lol. Tell them what ISP said and you should be fine!

Evan0925

@cmsmechanical.com

I did just that. They were so confused as to why I wanted to add another WHDVR. She said that my boxes should have been all DVR from the beginning. (Oh here we go)
She put me on hold for a few.
I told her I wanted to start over. Please have a tech come out and swap one of my DVR Converters for a second WHDVR.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow between 3-5.

I love the interwebs. Thanks for the help.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:140

said by Evan0925 :

I did just that. They were so confused as to why I wanted to add another WHDVR. She said that my boxes should have been all DVR from the beginning. (Oh here we go)
She put me on hold for a few.
I told her I wanted to start over. Please have a tech come out and swap one of my DVR Converters for a second WHDVR.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow between 3-5.

I love the interwebs. Thanks for the help.

Evan the offer still stands. If you have any problems please send me a PM.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~