So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus

Re: [HD] Basic Cable and HD

Never dropped before now, and if you look at the thread I linked in the Comcast forum, it looks like something they did on their end that's botching it up.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Did you call Comcast?
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

Btw, no one else can read your thread:

"You cannot read topics created by other members in this forum"

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Got it. When I called Comcast, they said the basic HD channels are no longer free. I call bullshit on that. I also link the Comcast thread that is not locked.
ak3883
join:2005-08-20
Marlton, NJ

ak3883

Comcast doesn't really support direct QAM tuning, so you'll likely never get accurate information when asking about that.

Most clueless CSRs hear "HD" and are programmed to think the only way to get HD is with an HD box. Local HD continues to be included with at least a limited basic subscription

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Sounds like you need to call again and take your chances with another rep, perhaps calling again a few times until you reach someone who may be interested in helping you. Try not to let them dig too much into your issue and log your call, making a call log history of you.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I'll try that. The thread I found on the comcast web site said that a lot of the problem was a block found in the local box (the one attached to the house) that stops some HD channels (the one I'm having trouble with) from getting in. It even references a recent change Comcast made, that coincides with the date I lost the channels. I'll call again after work today and see what happens.