Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Btw, no one else can read your thread:

"You cannot read topics created by other members in this forum"
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

Got it. When I called Comcast, they said the basic HD channels are no longer free. I call bullshit on that. I also link the Comcast thread that is not locked.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

ak3883

join:2005-08-20
Portsmouth, RI

Comcast doesn't really support direct QAM tuning, so you'll likely never get accurate information when asking about that.

Most clueless CSRs hear "HD" and are programmed to think the only way to get HD is with an HD box. Local HD continues to be included with at least a limited basic subscription

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Sounds like you need to call again and take your chances with another rep, perhaps calling again a few times until you reach someone who may be interested in helping you. Try not to let them dig too much into your issue and log your call, making a call log history of you.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

I'll try that. The thread I found on the comcast web site said that a lot of the problem was a block found in the local box (the one attached to the house) that stops some HD channels (the one I'm having trouble with) from getting in. It even references a recent change Comcast made, that coincides with the date I lost the channels. I'll call again after work today and see what happens.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games