uniqs
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

1 edit

anveo

Premium Member

Mega 'Cheaper Than Dirt' Worldwide Sale @ Anveo US DID-$0.99

Mega 'Cheaper Than Dirt' Worldwide Sale has started! Great opportunity to save Big on phone numbers!

»www.anveo.com/business/m ··· bers.asp

Here are just a few sale entries

CANADA DID - $1.75 (with inbound SMS support)
UK DID - $1.85 (with inbound SMS support)
US DID - $0.99 (with inbound SMS support)

BTW 'Cheaper Than Dirt' name was suggested by DSLR member in one of the earlier discussions @DSLR.

DSLR community members and our customers were pointing us to DIDWW/Callcentric/Voip.ms and have asked to add dedicated channels. So to address that we have introduced new rate plans for phone numbers with dedicated channels included while keeping the same level flexibility offered by Anveo Floating Channels.

Personal Unlimited rate plan now comes with 2 dedicated channels.
Office Unlimited rate plan now includes 2 dedicated channels PLUS it can use Floating Channels assigned for your account.

More at »www.anveo.com/business/m ··· bers.asp

What is Floating Channel?
From our FAQ »www.anveo.com/faq.asp?co ··· _channel

Floating Channel is incoming channel which is NOT assigned to any particular phone number and be used to receive calls to any phone number in your account (with Floating Channels support) and Inbound SIP Trunks.
The number of Floating Channels included with Anveo subscription level is as following:
FREE plan: - 1 'Floating Channel'
Starter plan: - 2 'Floating Channels'
Professional plan: - 4 'Floating Channels'
Business plan: - 5 'Floating Channels'

In other words 'Business Unlimited' phone number on the FREE subscription can receive up to 3 concurrent calls (Kudos to CC) !

Another news worth mentioning is that we now have a new VOIP POP node in Germany and users can select which VOIP POP will be used for handling incoming calls. Our POP VOIP node in Germany provides extremely low latency for Anveo phone numbers in Europe.

Hat tip to all DSL Reports members who have helped us to shape our service!

-----
Update: Forgot to mention another important update
As of today our Incoming SMS rate was lowered from $0.03 per message to $0.01 per message.
yahoo2003
join:2007-11-02
Mclean, VA

yahoo2003

I noticed US porting has been reduced from $30 earlier this year to $15, this is lower than most providers:

"How much is to port a number in XXXX country?
USA phone number porting fee is $15 per number, Canadian phone number porting fee is $8 per number."
voip_wire
join:2010-07-02

voip_wire to anveo

to anveo
Great!

Are the updates automatically extended to existing accounts? At least the dedicated channels part?

I should probably contact support through the anveo site but, is there any way of finding out when an out-of-stock area code gets replenished?

I still find the anveo website confusing. Still, my needs are simple enough and once I figured out the necessary call flow, I haven't had reason to mess around too much.

cheers,
-m

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Sounds too good to be true. How does quality and reliability compare to Vitelity?

Is e911 offered?
bclbob
join:2000-06-23
Oak Park, IL

bclbob to anveo

to anveo
I wish I could figure out your website. I'm trying to replace my t-mobile@home $10 unlimited US plan

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Foo. Wish this had been in place before I ported my res. number over to CC last month, and 2 biz lines over to CC this month.

Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Just to clarify, a Personal DID for Canada is $2.60, which includes two channels, unlimited incoming, and supports pay-as-you-go fax & SMS. Porting is $8. Correct?

If so, do you eat?

m.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM to bclbob

Premium Member

to bclbob
I am trying to figure it out my self
I would like to get in one of this "Cheaper Than Dirt" Plans but cant seem to figure out how
Dan_voip
join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip to Mango

to Mango
said by Mango:

Just to clarify, a Personal DID for Canada is $2.60, which includes two channels, unlimited incoming, and supports pay-as-you-go fax & SMS. Porting is $8. Correct?

If so, do you eat?

m.

From what I see:
"Personal Unlimited: Ideal for personal use. Comes with 2 dedicated channels and all incoming calls are free."

I don't know if there is a limit though, because for other plans it is:
"The number of free incoming minutes for the account depends on the subscription level:
Free plan - 40 minutes each day
Starter plan - 60 minutes each day
Professional plan - 120 minutes each day
Business plan - 150 minutes each day
Usage over the free allowance is charged at $0.015 per minute."

I'm guessing for SMS and FAX there will be an extra charge, like the one listed on "Plan & Pricing" tab.
Dan_voip

Dan_voip to XCOM

to XCOM
said by XCOM:

I am trying to figure it out my self
I would like to get in one of this "Cheaper Than Dirt" Plans but cant seem to figure out how

Most likely Create a new account and should be an option there.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

1 recommendation

Arne Bolen to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
said by jjoshua:

How does quality and reliability compare to Vitelity?

I can't say anything about the quality with Vitelity. But I have experience with many other voip providers, including some of the most discussed on this forum.

Anveo has the best sound quality I ever experienced with a voip provider. The sound is crystal clear and no echo.

Reliability is very good, a lot better than any other provider I have used.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX

XCOM to Dan_voip

Premium Member

to Dan_voip
I did and I have no option beside the standard plans...
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to brg

Premium Member

to brg
said by brg:

Foo. Wish this had been in place before I ported my res. number over to CC last month, and 2 biz lines over to CC this month.

Anveo is an interesting company in various ways. Arne Bolen is quite right, by all accounts they have very good quality and reliability, although many folks (including myself) find their workspace quite confusing.

But I did do a double take to see three major product names (Personal Unlimited, Office Unlimited, Service Unlimited) be almost identical to the three Incoming plans listed on the CallCentric website. Ah, well, you know what they say.
said by brg:

I've done several ports to CallCentric, and with no regrets.

I just ported a GV number yesterday, and I will port my main Verizon business line within the next month.

At my home and at my office, I need 911.

Anveo does not offer that, even as an option.

In fact, Anveo TOS state:

Anveo is integration and communications platform and not VOIP service and thus it must not be used as a replacement of your primary telephone service, such as landline or mobile phone. You acknowledge and understand that Anveo does NOT provide access to 911 or other emergency services (no E911, traditional 911, or any other way of emergency services).

Wowser!

[I think, therefore I am] becomes [I think not, therefore I'm not].

Now, that fellow Harold Camping (who had earlier been predicting that the world would end on May 21) now says it probably will end this Friday!

Assuming that he is wrong, however, a few things seem likely to continue after that:

a) The FCC will have steadily decreasing tolerance for any provider that uses technicalities to avoid 911 obligations. And in a more general sense, any VoIP company that says they're not really a VoIP company, is being disingenuous.

b) If Anveo can maintain these firesale prices over the long term, prices that even undercut Voip.MS, then more power to them. IMHO it's going to be very difficult to do that over the long term and still maintain their current good service. CLEC's have to be paid, after all.
said by brg:

Foo. Wish this had been in place before I ported....

Foo fighters might say: Sometimes it's worth a bit more toll, to guard the safety of the hole.
yahoo2003
Mclean, VA

yahoo2003 to anveo

to anveo
said by anveo:

In other words 'Business Unlimited' phone number on the FREE subscription can receive up to 3 concurrent calls (Kudos to CC) !

I have 3 CC accounts in order to have 1 DID to ring 3 ATAs.
How can I register 3 ATAs with Anveo, do I need to open 3 Anveo accounts?

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

by all accounts they have very good quality and reliability,

Good sound quality is very important. It's extremely annoying with issues like echo - even when it happens only in a few procent of the calls. So far with Anveo I have not had a single call with echo. Before Anveo I experienced echo several times every month. Now I have almost forgotten how a call with echo sounds.

Anveo is using the G711 codec and that makes sure the sound quality is like ISDN.

Reliability is also very important. With Anveo there is no need to worry whether a server is working or not. Anveo just works.
said by PX Eliezer704:

although many folks (including myself) find their workspace quite confusing.

Maybe in the beginning. But when you have used the Call Flow Builder for a while you will find it extremely easy to use. The visual call flow makes configuration very easy.
Arne Bolen

Arne Bolen to yahoo2003

Premium Member

to yahoo2003
said by yahoo2003:

No need for several Anveo accounts. Just use the main account and two sub-accounts.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

Good sound quality is very important....

Reliability is also very important. With Anveo there is no need to worry whether a server is working or not. Anveo just works.

I agree fully.

Which is why I feel it will be quite a challenge to maintain their current service levels at firesale prices:

a) Will they have enough funds to keep paying the CLECs for those DIDs and DID minutes?

b) Will they have enough funds to pay for customer support for all the new users? This is a problem because their business plan may attract new customers who need MORE handholding than the original tech-oriented customers, thus resulting in a Negative economy of scale.

As in any business, one can specialize in high quality, or in low prices. It is so difficult to do both.
steven123
join:2011-10-18
Irvine, CA

steven123 to anveo

to anveo
Great News!!!

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

I agree fully.

Which is why I feel it will be quite a challenge to maintain their current service levels at firesale prices

I'm not worried about that. Many other voip providers have only a few items they get revenue for.

Anveo OTOH have many items they get revenue for. And as most customers are businesses they purchase more items than phone numbers and minutes.
said by PX Eliezer704:

Will they have enough funds to keep paying the CLECs for those DIDs and DID minutes?

Yes, they will.
said by PX Eliezer704:

Will they have enough funds to pay for customer support for all the new users? This is a problem because their business plan may attract new customers who need MORE handholding than the original tech-oriented customers, thus resulting in a Negative economy of scale.

As most customers are and will be business customers I don't think there will be any problems with customer support.
said by PX Eliezer704:

As in any business, one can specialize in high quality, or in low prices. It is so difficult to do both.

Anveo is a type of business where it is possible to do both.

Please also remember that the Mega Sale only covers the DID product. There is no sale on the other products.

Also, Anveo is a business provider - not a residential provider.
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

1 edit

mikefxu to anveo

to anveo
After reviewing it it looks as follows:

Provides an account with features minus a incoming DID: »www.anveo.com/service.asp

Provides the DIDs which add minutes based on account type from above: »www.anveo.com/mainphonen ··· bers.asp

Correct me if I am wrong.

Going to give this a try on my personal account. Could be a good deal to replace 2 line VoIP and MyFax we use for the job sites.

Note: "Your payment is currently pending approval. The payment review and approval may take up to 8 hours."

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by mikefxu:

Going to give this a try on my personal account. Could be a good deal to replace 2 line VoIP and MyFax we use for the job sites.

Please let us know how it works.
yahoo2003
Mclean, VA

yahoo2003 to mikefxu

to mikefxu
said by mikefxu:

I have replaced MyFax with Anveo fax for about 6 months without any issues.

Shared voice/fax for personal use should be fine.

I recommend using dedicated DID for business faxes, fax detection is not 100% reliable for some older fax machines.
yahoo2003

yahoo2003 to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

said by yahoo2003:

No need for several Anveo accounts. Just use the main account and two sub-accounts.

I noticed "Free" plan includes 1 sub-account(User), "Starter" plan includes 2 sub-accounts(Users).

Can any plan add sub-account(users) at $1.25 per user?

What is difference between "Extensions" and "Users" under "Business Control panel"?

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by yahoo2003:

I noticed "Free" plan includes 1 sub-account(User), "Starter" plan includes 2 sub-accounts(Users).

Any plan can add sub-accounts. Additional sub-accounts are sold in packages of 5, 10 and 20 sub-accounts. They cost $15, $20 and $25 per month. See more at:
»www.anveo.com/services.asp?
said by yahoo2003:

What is difference between "Extensions" and "Users" under "Business Control panel"?

Users = sub-accounts.

An extension is like a DID, the only difference is that it is local.

Extensions are very practical. Let me give you one example. Let's say you have several DIDs and you are using Call Flows for them. If you want to treat anonymous inbound calls the same way for all your DIDs you can just create an extension for anonymous calls. Create a call flow for that extension. Then you can just forward anonymous calls to that extension number. I saves you some Call Controls.
yahoo2003
Mclean, VA

yahoo2003

said by Arne Bolen:

said by yahoo2003:

Any plan can add sub-accounts. Additional sub-accounts are sold in packages of 5, 10 and 20 sub-accounts. They cost $15, $20 and $25 per month. See more at:
»www.anveo.com/services.asp?
said by yahoo2003:

Users = sub-accounts.

An extension is like a DID, the only difference is that it is local.

Extensions are very practical. Let me give you one example. Let's say you have several DIDs and you are using Call Flows for them. If you want to treat anonymous inbound calls the same way for all your DIDs you can just create an extension for anonymous calls. Create a call flow for that extension. Then you can just forward anonymous calls to that extension number. I saves you some Call Controls.

Well explained, Thanks

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by yahoo2003:

I like to add that extensions in Anveo are a lot more powerful than in Asterisk. Thanks to the Call Flow builder you can do a lot of advanced configuration with an extension, things you can't do with Asterisk.
yahoo2003
Mclean, VA

yahoo2003

said by Arne Bolen:

said by yahoo2003:

I like to add that extensions in Anveo are a lot more powerful than in Asterisk. Thanks to the Call Flow builder you can do a lot of advanced configuration with an extension, things you can't do with Asterisk.

With Asterisk/FreeSwitch, each extension can register a ATA.

If I have N ATAs, do I need N Anveo sub-accounts?

What is relationship between number of ATAs and Anveo Extensions?

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by yahoo2003:

With Asterisk the main function of an extension is to register to a SIP device.

With Anveo you use sub-accounts to register to a SIP device.
said by yahoo2003:

Actually, you need N minus 1 sub-accounts if you also use the main account for a SIP device.
said by yahoo2003:

No relation at all. As far as I can see there are no limits on the number of extensions a customer can create.

------

The world "extension" can be a bit confusing when you are used to Asterisk. In Asterisk an extension is mainly used to register a SIP device.

In Anveo an extension is a local "DID", a local number. This local "DID" can be used in the Call Flow Builder exactly in the same way as a PSTN DID.

The task of register a SIP device is handled by an account. The main account and each sub-account can register one SIP device each.

However, with Anveo it is not necessary to use a SIP device/soft-phone. Anveo is one of the few voip providers where a customer can use the service without any form for SIP device or soft-phone. Very practical if internet connections are not good enough for a SIP device.

An example. A company have a number of employees working from home. Some of these employees can't have a SIP device, maybe due to a low quality internet connection. A high latency could be one issue preventing a SIP device. If you have a latency of 500 ms you can use mail and web without problems, but it would be useless for voip.

Those employees can use an ordinary land-line or cell phone line as an extension with Anveo. If their land-line phone can't show the Caller ID, they can just use the Anveo Communicator. As soon as there is an incoming call for the employee the Anveo Communicator pops up with the name and number of the person who calls. That way the employee knows that the call is a business call.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM

Premium Member

said by Arne Bolen:

said by yahoo2003:

With Asterisk the main function of an extension is to register to a SIP device.

With Anveo you use sub-accounts to register to a SIP device.
said by yahoo2003:

Actually, you need N minus 1 sub-accounts if you also use the main account for a SIP device.
said by yahoo2003:

No relation at all. As far as I can see there are no limits on the number of extensions a customer can create.

------

The world "extension" can be a bit confusing when you are used to Asterisk. In Asterisk an extension is mainly used to register a SIP device.

Wrong. In Asterisk an extension is what you define in your dial plan.
an extension is NOT used to register a device in asterisk!

To register a SIP device you define a peer/client/user in Asterisk.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

Wrong. In Asterisk an extension is what you define in your dial plan.
an extension is NOT used to register a device in asterisk!

To register a SIP device you define a peer/client/user in Asterisk.

Thanks. I am used to PBXes.org and they are using the word extension for the client user. I assumed that was the default use of the word in Asterisk.