uniqs
Warez_Zealot
join:2006-04-19
Vancouver

Warez_Zealot to Cheese

to Cheese

Re: Umm....

said by Cheese:

How about compensating the CUSTOMERS, they are what MAKES your company. Free apps for a 4 day outage? Ridiculous!

I believe it was a $100 credit for apps.... not to bad if you ask me!!

The fact remains that at the end of the day, RIM still has a really good, secure service that no one else offers.

Maybe regular customers can easily go to different smart phone manufacturers; but corporate customers should have had a backup system in case this happened. You seriously can't do business with no backup plan should your only carrier go down...

This is just a media firestorms that will quickly blow over in a couple of days.

I doubt that people will seriously go out and spend money to break their contract, or renew their contract for another 2-3years just to get a diffrent subsidized smart phone. Just not practical for a 4 day outage that has never happened before and for a service that is for the most part pretty reliable..

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

I never saw anything to indicate it was 100 dollars for apps.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to Warez_Zealot

to Warez_Zealot
But if you were on contract up for renewal as I was with a Blackberry that was out from Tuesday until Monday (and may still be out), you're as good as gone.

Nice gestures, RIM. But apps aren't worth anything if you can't download them. Figure out your mess for someone else, I'll be playing with my new Android instead.