Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Nightfall

Re: BF3 Official Thread

said by Nightfall:

said by cheesyyellow:

If you look at the entire battlefield franchise 2 years is standard for releases. You need to consider all of the battlefield titles, not just 2 and 3.

2 years is a lot better than the yearly CoD rehash.

I agree. While I like CoD, BF3 is better. They are going to have another Black Ops game here shortly, and I have a feeling its going to be just like the first one. :P

This is what I was aiming more towards. The development from BF2 to BF3 was greatly different and the engine was totally different. I fear EA might just be popping out new BF's and just reskinning.

cheesyyellow

join:2009-06-04
Poulsbo, WA

said by I AM:

said by Nightfall:

said by cheesyyellow:

If you look at the entire battlefield franchise 2 years is standard for releases. You need to consider all of the battlefield titles, not just 2 and 3.

2 years is a lot better than the yearly CoD rehash.

I agree. While I like CoD, BF3 is better. They are going to have another Black Ops game here shortly, and I have a feeling its going to be just like the first one. :P

This is what I was aiming more towards. The development from BF2 to BF3 was greatly different and the engine was totally different. I fear EA might just be popping out new BF's and just reskinning.

BF3 isn't even a true sequal to BF2. No commander, no VOIP, no battle recorder, and no mod tools just to name a few things.

I would expect that BF4 will be built on the frostbite 2 engine and add the features to make it a true BF2 sequel. I love BF3 and think it's a great game, however I do feel like I'm playing the BF4 beta at times.

You never know, BF4 could end up being Bad Company 3 or 2143 for all we know.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by cheesyyellow:

BF3 isn't even a true sequal to BF2. No commander, no VOIP, no battle recorder, and no mod tools just to name a few things.

I would expect that BF4 will be built on the frostbite 2 engine and add the features to make it a true BF2 sequel. I love BF3 and think it's a great game, however I do feel like I'm playing the BF4 beta at times.

I agree on the "commander" bit. I loved being the commander in that game. There was VOIP in BF2? I can't remember using it. Battle recorder sucked balls. The mods in BF2 also sucked balls. When comparing the games, I look at the main game. Is BF3 a true sequel? When you look at everything but the commander position, it is. Destructable environment was a huge improvement.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
reply to cheesyyellow

said by cheesyyellow:

When is BF4 coming out? Isn't there still three more DLCs for BF3 coming out ?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by 90115534:

said by cheesyyellow:

When is BF4 coming out? Isn't there still three more DLCs for BF3 coming out ?

They are saying Fall of next year.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

easonin
Rock Ridge, FL

join:2008-07-08
reply to Daarken

The new update messed with the tank! Before I was able to fire the main gun then quickly switch to the canister shell and fire, all in quick succession. But now, it takes the time to load the other once switched, as it is in a real tank i'm guessing. ugh...
--
...if you're not pissed off, you're not paying attention.

cheesyyellow

Poulsbo, WA

They're are a lot of things that they screwed with in this patch. Attack choppers are borderline useless now since they took away gunner flares and broke below radar vs. stingers. 1 Guy with a stinger can now disable a chopper in 5 seconds.

I don't know what the point of the tank change was, I never read one thing on the official forums or reddit about there being a problem with tank mechanics. Sure it makes it more reallistic, but from a game balancing perspective it wasn't broken.

Armored kill comes out tomorrow and I'm looking forward to playing it even with the goofy changes and all of the things they broke with the patch (sights, etc...). I am splitting time between BF3 and the planetside 2 beta though.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:5

said by cheesyyellow:

I am splitting time between BF3 and the planetside 2 beta though.

Me too. The latter is winning my time.
--
Show off that hardware: join Team Discovery and Team Helix

cheesyyellow

Poulsbo, WA

said by markofmayhem:

said by cheesyyellow:

I am splitting time between BF3 and the planetside 2 beta though.

Me too. The latter is winning my time.

Wish I could say the same but I haven't had time for mich of anything as of late.

I will say this though, in the couple of hours I've had time to play PS2 I feel like a complete noob. I didn't play the first so I'm pretty clueless. I do like the concept though.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to Daarken

The patch nerfed a couple of my favourite rifles.

Does anyone know the release time for Armored Kill? 09-11-12, but what time?
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to Daarken

AK is out. Premium members can download now. 3.7 Gb content download.
--

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1

Oh snap, time to load up BF3 agian, I haven't touched it sinec a week after close quarters..

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

So folks, what your feeling about AK?

IMO, I'm not fully satisfied (so I'm slightly disappointed):

1) The maps are ok depending on the mode (the dessert map sucks as tanks only IMO)
2) The game degrades into a JAV/rocket-fest because there are so many tanks/choppers
3) Still need more transports around because you're running a lot!
4) I have seen some people complain that there aren't enough tanks to make truly epic tank battles (not sure I agree)
5) Some maps like Death Valley (the night one) are very hard to navigate (too many rocks, mounds, hills, etc., making for very cramped routes and roads) - it just feels "tight" despite the fact that the maps are large
6) I think there needs to be a bit more AA included
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

cheesyyellow

Poulsbo, WA

1) I like the maps asthetically, they're beautiful.
2) Completely agree
3) Completely agree
4) I think the number of tanks is fine, but this does lead to the afformentioned Jav fest.
5) I haven't had a chance to play armored shield or alborz yet, but I did notice this on death valley.
6) Completely disagree here. They've done enough to nerf helicopters in to uselessness. I took out the AC-130 from across the map with the mobile AA in about 30 seconds.

I've only had about an hour to play so far so I have a lot of playing left to do before I can really formulate an opinion. However, I did have a lot of fun when I did get to play. So far I really like it, nice change of pace from CQ and more to towards the roots of what battlefield is about.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Been so busy with GW2 I haven't even touched BF3. I'm not a big fan of vehicles so I probably won't play these new maps.

Straphanger
Express is Back
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-08
Whitestone, NY
reply to Daarken

I used to love playing in the tank but I feel that it doesn't have much staying power anymore against a platoon of lasers, JAV's, and rockets.
--
Please use all available doors...you have 33 to choose from.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to Daarken

The BF3 Aftermath content and patch for the PC is available now. 4 GB download through Origin.
--

cheesyyellow

Poulsbo, WA

I have to say aftermath looks pretty good. Hope so after the dissapointment of armored kill.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Daarken

What does Aftermath introduce?

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

said by Dissembled:

More hacking bad game BF3 junk.
--
Support
»www.minutemanproject.com/

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to Dissembled

said by Dissembled:

Crossbows and an earthquake.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I been getting on more. Haven't checked out what this expansion is about. I didn't played Armored either.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

you still playin Firefall? where the F u been?

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
join:2005-01-12
Southwest LA
kudos:3
reply to cheesyyellow

The guys on my team all indicate that its the best expansion yet.
--
Getting it Done.

cheesyyellow

Poulsbo, WA

I only played 5 rounds of scavenger last night so it's a little early for me to say best DLC yet.

I will say this however, the maps are very well done and the scavenger game mode is definately a breath of fresh air. First impression is that it's head and shoulders above the last two DLCs.

One other thing...NO BLUE TINT!!!

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ

said by cheesyyellow:

I only played 5 rounds of scavenger last night so it's a little early for me to say best DLC yet.

I will say this however, the maps are very well done and the scavenger game mode is definately a breath of fresh air. First impression is that it's head and shoulders above the last two DLCs.

One other thing...NO BLUE TINT!!!

I am really enjoying this DLC... I think it is the best one so far
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

you still playin Firefall? where the F u been?

I play that here and there. I been umm...Sleeping at 8 p.m. About 3 more months and my wife will be done with Clinical and I won't have to sleep at retarded times anymore. The future is near!!!!

cheesyyellow

Poulsbo, WA
reply to Mcrobrewer

One thing I did notice last might was while playing a round of TDM spawns weren't shifting. The way the system works for TDM there are 4 spawn zones each with four fixed spawn points. The zones rotate periodically during the game to make it feel random. Last night my entire team kept spawning on the same spawn point hte entire game. It was the first time I have ever seen a TDM game get spawn locked. I'm sure this is something that can be easilly fixed.

Overall the DLC is amazing. The crossbow has a nice balance to it, very situational and not over powered at all. Map design is great and just a lot of fun. Good job on this one DICE. Now fix the TDM spawns.

crazediamond
Maybe you shouldn't be so proud?
Premium
join:2002-01-19
Atlanta, GA
reply to cheesyyellow

said by cheesyyellow:

I have to say aftermath looks pretty good. Hope so after the dissapointment of armored kill.

I'll have to check it out then. Armored kill forced me to find a new hobby.
--
And if I show you my dark side, will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you, and show you my weak side, what would you do?

cheesyyellow

Poulsbo, WA

said by crazediamond:

said by cheesyyellow:

I'll have to check it out then. Armored kill forced me to find a new hobby.

If you like maps like Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing, or Strike at Karkand you'll enjoy Aftermath. Much more infantry focused. The only air vehicles are little birds.

I don't like jets, probably because I suck with em.