share rss forum feed

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to Daarken

Re: BF3 Begins Tomorrow

said by Daarken:

No its called get smart and learn the facts, your constantly posting false information.
The game just uses a browser front end, for communication and server selection.

Which is not needed and will get hacked I give it 1 month max.
--
Support
»www.minutemanproject.com/

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to 08034016
said by 08034016:

Me needing Origin to play BF3 thats going to turn off alot of players.

I highly doubt anyone will be turned off by that except you.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Daarken
Those who purchase BF3 on any platform will get early access to the Mass Effect 3 multi-player demo in January 2012.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by 08034016:

There will be a few others, but those numbers will be very low. When SWTOR was released on Origins, people said they wouldn't play, and yet the game is breaking pre-order records. BF3 pre-order sales have been huge so far too.

I was thinking about staying up until midnight to see if I could start the download, but I am exhausted. Going to wake up tomorrow and kick it off.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Krisnatharok
I think I am going to pick up Mass Effect 1 and 2 when Steam puts them on sale in December. Two games I wish I played and never did.
--

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by 08034016:

Read the forums over at EA and those that canceled this bs because they're refusing to use Origin and that's just one site!

i don't want 2 programs inorder to play BF3.it should be just like any other game press icon and play.

Btw COD Its breaking records on sells.
--
Support

SniperCS

join:2005-09-11
Lawrence, NY
reply to Daarken
Your argument is kind of moot when you put Call of Duty in any context in a post. First off, Call of Duty is a way bigger franchise than Battlefield. CoD comes out with a new game every year where Battlefield, not so much. Of course kids are going to stick with what they know, what did they do this time around with Modern Warfare 3, oh yeah a re-packaged up engine from Modern Warfare 2 and some snazzy new features. At least Battlefield 3 feels like it's a new game, and it's fresh not something I'm going to play for 1 week and then toss aside like Modern Warfare 3.

Awaiting to preload Battlefield 3, hasn't started yet but I'm sure it will soon.

I leave you with this quote - "haters gonna hate".

Good Game Sir!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to 08034016
said by 08034016:

said by Krisnatharok:

said by 08034016:

Read the forums over at EA and those that canceled this bs because they're refusing to use Origin and that's just one site!

i don't want 2 programs inorder to play BF3.it should be just like any other game press icon and play.

Sorry, I make it a policy not to visit ANY game's official forums. Stupidity is clearly contagious.
--

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to SniperCS
If you are playing MW3 for a week and your done then you sir are not playing the game. You are playing a weak campaign when the beauty of the game has always been pvp.

I can't wait for this game. Some of my happiest moments with a FPS include me and 7 other dudes sitting in an apartment with 8 xboxs going on 100 game win streaks. Good times.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Sorry, I played the hell out of MW2 MP and had a good time, but Black Ops MP was the same thing.

CoD is an arcade/console shooter, BF3 is a game with considerably more depth, opportunity for small unit tactics, and a tiny bit more realism (and jets!).
--

tman852

join:2010-07-06
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Daarken
I'll just sum this whole thing up.

1.) Read official game forums with the knowledge that it will be filled to the brim with complaints from idiots and little praise from people with common sense, because if you like it you're typically just playing the game, not making posts about how awesome it is.

2.) MW3 is the identical under the hood game with some new content, that's all. Watch the gameplay vids, you can even see the same shitty scripted death sequences on character models.

3.) Origin is the same as Steam as far as handling your information. Quit the tin foil hat bullshit and quit fooling yourself. If you don't like that, don't use it.

4.) Although the web browser is a slight pain, it's not new and has been around. My only gripe is the lack of in game VOIP and squad management (in the actual game itself).

5.) Of course MW3 breaks sales records, anyone from a screaming toddler to a 65+ senior citizen can stand a chance of success in it by just dumping 40mm grenades everywhere or wall spamming. Most of the maps are also the size of my back yard, seriously.

6.) If you're honestly complaining about Origin and a web browser running in the background, get a new computer. How is that even remotely a problem?
--
Core i7 920 @ 3.5ghz | OCZ Obsidian 6GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM | EVGA X58 tri SLI-LE mobo | EVGA GTX 570 | Antec 750w PSU | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD | WD Black 1TB HDD | Antec 1200 Case | G15 keyboard | G9x mouse | G35 Headset | Asus 23" LED-LCD

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

1 recommendation

said by tman852:

1.) Read official game forums with the knowledge that it will be filled to the brim with complaints from idiots and little praise from people with common sense, because if you like it you're typically just playing the game, not making posts about how awesome it is.

2.) MW3 is the identical under the hood game with some new content, that's all. Watch the gameplay vids, you can even see the same shitty scripted death sequences on character models.

3.) Origin is the same as Steam as far as handling your information. Quit the tin foil hat bullshit and quit fooling yourself. If you don't like that, don't use it.

4.) Although the web browser is a slight pain, it's not new and has been around. My only gripe is the lack of in game VOIP and squad management (in the actual game itself).

5.) Of course MW3 breaks sales records, anyone from a screaming toddler to a 65+ senior citizen can stand a chance of success in it by just dumping 40mm grenades everywhere or wall spamming. Most of the maps are also the size of my back yard, seriously.

6.) If you're honestly complaining about Origin and a web browser running in the background, get a new computer. How is that even remotely a problem?

/thread
--

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

(and jets!).

They have jets!!!! SOLD! You playing it for PC ?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Nightfall
said by Nightfall:

said by tman852:

/stupiddiscussionaboutoriginandea

FTFY
--
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword".

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

1 edit
reply to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

said by Krisnatharok:

(and jets!).

Oh is there other to play FPS?
--
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword".

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by Jobbie:

said by f0rtys3ven:

said by Krisnatharok:

(and jets!).

Oh is there other play to game FPS?

^^

Why would you want to play 5+ year old consoles anyways? My 580 says xbawks can go suck itself.
--

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
reply to Daarken
Yeah, I pre-ordered on Amazon because the price dropped to $49. I had to run out of the house this morning but the pre-install was set to go at 7AM....I will install this evening and be ready to go for Tuesday at 3AM EST.....maybe (that's kinda early, huh).

Only bad thing about a Midnight PST release if you are on the East Coast.

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
reply to Daarken
I just checked Amazon downloads.....the BF3 file is 10.1GB!

WooHoo, that's some content huh.

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
join:2005-01-12
Southwest LA
kudos:3
reply to Daarken
I made a PS3 fanboy cry last night.
He was going on and on about how awesome his graphics where on his PS3, and how PC was crap.
I said O Realy!!!
I then said, let me show you a game on a real playing machine.
But first I pulled up a couple of those trusty PC VS PS3 videos.
Then I asked him if he wanted to see COD:BO playing, or some recorded fraps video of BF3.
After about 5 mins of playing BO he was hooked and had a real outlook on PC performance.
--
Getting it Done.

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
Southwest LA
reply to Vamp9190
Thats smaller then I would have expected since the game engine and one map is 1.5GBs (Xbox was 1.5 and PC was 3.0GB) but considering all the other maps, then I could see the engine being 7.5GB or so,
--
Getting it Done.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

tman852

reply to Daarken
Has to be pretty heavy file compression. That'd be the only way it's that small of a download

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
Southwest LA
reply to Jobbie
That is one of the best FPS launch trailers I have ever seen.
--
Getting it Done.

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
Southwest LA
reply to tman852
It also explains why the preload started 3 days before launch.
--
Getting it Done.

tman852

Agreed, oh and to further agree with your PS3 fanboy ownage

dsoegiarto

join:2010-04-16
Ottawa, ON
reply to Daarken
still no email from Origin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/sad_panda

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
said by dsoegiarto:

/sad_panda

Same here no email on the pre-order download.
--
Support

dsoegiarto

join:2010-04-16
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by 08034016:

said by dsoegiarto:

/sad_panda

Same here no email on the pre-order.

........ uhh... ok, sorry, this is kinda cute. i just read your other post:
said by 08034016:

said by Krisnatharok:

said by 08034016:

and now ur waiting for ur origin pre-order too?

LOL

funny post is funny.

ps: i gawk around EA official forum alot. ever since BETA is out, i rarely see anyone cancelling their preorder on any reason. especially becoz of Origin. i guess most people learn to adapt.
(not a big BattleFacebook fan myself, just sayin)

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
Southwest LA
Thank you for ordering Battlefield 3â„¢ Limited Edition from Origin. The game is now available for pre-load. To begin, please follow these steps:

Launch the Origin Client and login to your account.
Click on the My Games tab and find the Battlefield 3â„¢ Limited Edition icon.
Click Ready To Download and follow the prompts to download the game.
On October 25, 2011, you will be ready to play when Battlefield 3â„¢ Limited Edition releases.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
said by Daarken:

Thank you for ordering Battlefield 3â„¢ Limited Edition from Origin. The game is now available for pre-load. To begin, please follow these steps:

Launch the Origin Client and login to your account.
Click on the My Games tab and find the Battlefield 3â„¢ Limited Edition icon.
Click Ready To Download and follow the prompts to download the game.
On October 25, 2011, you will be ready to play when Battlefield 3â„¢ Limited Edition releases.

I didn't even wait for the email. I launched Origins and started the download.

EDIT: It really doesn't matter though. 10.1 gig won't take 4 days to download anyway. I could have started the preload on Saturday or Sunday and had enough time to get the whole game.
--