1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to Nightfall

Re: BF3 Begins Tomorrow

said by Nightfall:

I think I am going to pick up Mass Effect 1 and 2 when Steam puts them on sale in December. Two games I wish I played and never did.

I played the demo on PS3 ME2 and to my surprise I loved it..

Now as far as BF3 I did not put my name on a preorder list because I don't think I would of got a copy on release day so I'm just going to wait like a week or so after.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
If you intend to buy it, do it now. I think some of the bennies included with the preorder go away (aren't there remastered BC2 maps included?) after it's been released.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Sircolby45

join:2005-11-26

2 edits
reply to 08034016
said by 08034016:

said by bionicRod:

said by 08034016:

Anything that comes from Dice/EA is crap and Origin will never be steam forget that.
anything Dice Touch's is crap in my Opinion history has proven this.

And yet you preordered the game and played the beta.

Until then I will stay with BC2 time will tell.

said by 08034016:

said by Krisnatharok:

No shit Steam is more stable, it has a couple years on Origin!

Anything that comes from Dice/EA is crap and Origin will never be steam forget that.
anything Dice Touch's is crap in my Opinion history has proven this.

Wow I don't even now where to start with this guy. First you come in here talking about how horrible Origin is and then suddenly you are griping because your download is delayed. Ok first of all who complains about a download being a few hours late that you can't even use for another 4 days? Wah.

Now on to the big one. "anything Dice Touch's is crap" "Until then I will stay with BC2" Do I really even need to point out what is wrong with those two statements coming from the same person. Do you not know who made BC2? I am actually amazed at how many times one person can contradict himself in one thread. I salute you sir.
--
[IMG]»img218.imageshack.us/img218/2636···3dg6.gif
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit / Core i5 - 760 / GTX 460 1GB SLI / 8GB DDR3 RAM / Vertex 2 120GB SSD

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

1 edit
reply to Daarken
Yes I did pre-order like everyone had done and like
most played the beta,after thinking about all the hacking and hacked servers that shouldnt be there on day1. I thought to myself I will cancel like alot of players have done,they dont like the ideal of the hit detection/VoIP/ on the client side.also no in game browser which the consoles will have one

This is a half a$$ baked game all hackers will leave BC2 and move on to BF3.have fun with that.

Dice even confirmed my security concerns in regards to battlelog.
--
Support
»www.minutemanproject.com/

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium
join:2000-12-14
Dar al-Harb
Yeah... because we all know Steam has been totally 100% secure since its inception! Right on! Preach it!
--
“When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross”

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
join:2005-01-12
Southwest LA
kudos:3
reply to 08034016
Dude
All your doing now is trolling, move onto the MW3 thread.
--
Getting it Done.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
reply to Homunculus
said by Homunculus:

Yeah... because we all know Steam has been totally 100% secure since its inception! Right on! Preach it!

Nothing is really secure,however to my understanding on how origin will work if you cheat under BF3 all games you have under origin will get a bann.

If this is the case I will buy BF3.
--
Support

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by 08034016:

Nothing is really secure,however to my understanding on how origin will work if you cheat under BF3 all games you have under origin will get a bann.

Steam is the same - VAC catches you.. banhammer. Off to play SP with your hacks.

said by Homunculus:

Im not a steam fanboi.. but as far as detections go.

Steam 500'000 > EA Origin 0.. Now EA is going to use punkbuster, so thats a plus. But will a PB violation = Origin banning, or will it just be server.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
said by I_H8_Spam:

said by 08034016:

Steam is the same - VAC catches you.. banhammer. Off to play SP with your hacks.

Excellent!!!!
--
Support

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Daarken
No one cares if acid is so internally conflicted that he can't decide if he loves or hates DICE.

This game is going to be badass! I love it when I see Marine stuff done right (FWIW my unit's vehicles were used in Battle: Los Angeles), and the amount of realism I have seen in the beta this far and how they are outfitted in the trailers is unreal. DICE really deserves kudos for their attention to detail and getting the small things right.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedRhcpOsuU

--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
Southwest LA
What really is cool about this commercial is how it blends in parts from the game and live action.
There is another flash based live action advertisement I have seen, that is pretty cool as well. However I have not found a youtube of it yet.
--
Getting it Done.

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
Southwest LA
reply to I_H8_Spam
Punkbuster has had the banhammer policy for years, if you get caught running a hack by punkbuster they do a hardware ban across all PB games.
"As of June 30, 2004, Even Balance has incorporated the usage of unique hardware identifiers to permanently ban players from all PunkBuster enabled servers who raise a violation that corresponds to hacking or interfering with PunkBuster's normal operation and therefore violating the EULA."
--
Getting it Done.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

(youtube clip)

Loved the video.

Man this game is going to be great. Please report your experience back.
--
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword".

Jigsaw
Stardust We Are
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Cleveland, OH
reply to Daarken
Less than 24 hours to go....Will be working 3erd shift but will play it when i get home ...
--
"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."-George Carlin

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Daarken
I gotta wait till Friday but I for sure will pick it up! I want to get the PC version and the Ps3 version.

My friend is going to be waiting for it tomorrow so I will get the verdict from him

DslrMark

join:2000-06-29
Lawndale, CA
reply to Daarken

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
reply to Subaru
said by Subaru:

I gotta wait till Friday but I for sure will pick it up! I want to get the PC version and the Ps3 version.

My friend is going to be waiting for it tomorrow so I will get the verdict from him

I am setting my alarm for 3AM EST tomorrow morning

The trouble with getting the game a week later is that so many people are already level 30-50 by that time.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Meh, I work tomorrow but have Wednesday off, so I'll pick up my copy waiting at Best Buy when I get home from work and hope to have missed the mad rush to activate/patch.
--

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Vamp9190
said by Vamp9190:

said by Subaru:

I am setting my alarm for 3AM EST tomorrow morning

The trouble with getting the game a week later is that so many people are already level 30-50 by that time.

I don't really care about the level thing since I was at lever 30 for the PC and left to go play the PS3 version.

Funny thing was I ended up enjoying the Ps3 version due to no chat box showing and hearing bitch bitch.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
Southwest LA
reply to DslrMark
BattleLog is now open.
»battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/
--
Getting it Done.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:5
said by Daarken:

BattleLog is now open.
»battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/

If you pre-ordered a non-download from somewhere else, you can't log in until after you install the game
--
Show off that hardware: join Team Discovery and Team Helix

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
Southwest LA
reply to Daarken
Damn, Korea is already playing.
--
Getting it Done.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Daarken
Here's the IGN review:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacqQWur···e=relmfu

Bottom line: he loved the multiplayer while the campaign kind of sucks. 9/10.

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
reply to kw
said by kw:

No Steam, no pre-order.

I will laugh at all of you that still buy it a few days or weeks later without Steam still.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

1 recommendation

reply to Daarken
said by Daarken:

People that have the Digital version they have been playing for the past 5 hrs no matter if you're in Europe or the USA.

vpn

Here person living in usa playing
»www.own3d.tv/live/145507/cheami
--
Support

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
reply to Daarken
said by Daarken:

»Look What UPS Just Delivered
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Daarken
Pre-loaded and ready to go.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to 08034016
said by 08034016:

said by Daarken:

People that have the Digital version they have been playing for the past 5 hrs no matter if you're in Europe or the USA.

vpn

I have the digital version. I will test your theory out when I get home.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
said by bionicRod:

said by 08034016:

said by Daarken:

vpn

I have the digital version. I will test your theory out when I get home.

It will work!!! I posted a link of the person playing multiplayer!!

Heres how to do it

»battlefieldo.com/forum/threads/h···st-14295
--
Support

bionicRod
Premium
united state

Said by some random dude at acid's link:

Also just a reminder, the VPN will disconnect after 20 mins and then there will be a 5 minute waitin time before you can reconnect. Also you can only make 3 connections a day so make sure you know what time to activate according to your own current time zone. You don't want to waste any of the connections.

Or I can wait until tomorrow and NOT download some strange file to try to play for 20 minutes. I think I'll do that.