Ditto

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium Member
join:2005-01-12
Southwest LA

Daarken

Premium Member

The jokes on you, your still going to have to install and use Origin.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Not complaining about Origin.

Just want the game on my Steam library, hope it comes someday.

Less QQ
@speakeasy.net

Less QQ

Anon

said by Jobbie:

Origin: Enjoy installing that spywared, drm EA peice of crap.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Less QQ :

said by Jobbie:

Origin: Enjoy installing that spywared, drm EA peice of crap.

wat

kw0
Premium Member
join:2004-06-12
New Albany, OH

kw0

Premium Member

»www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ea+ori ··· ware+drm

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

umadbro?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to kw0

Premium Member

to kw0
We got this debate before and agreed Steam does the same thing.

I just want to keep and maintain my games on Steam even if i have to use Origin to launch the game.

Keep thread on topic the discussion going.

Sorry for adding to the offtopicness.

Looking forward to how the game looks with the release version. Overall i heard good beta experience so this should be a good launch.

kw0
Premium Member
New Albany, OH

kw0 to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
not in the least bit

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Take the Origin hating to another thread. This one's about BF3. If you want to comment on passing on the game because of Origin, fine, but please ignore the anon troll.

kw0
Premium Member
New Albany, OH

kw0

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

Take the Origin hating to another thread. This one's about BF3. If you want to comment on passing on the game because of Origin, fine, but please ignore the anon troll.

I'll take your suggestion into consideration.
Expand your moderator at work

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Jobbie

MVM

to Jobbie

Re: BF3 Begins Tomorrow

said by Jobbie:

We got this debate before and agreed Steam does the same thing.

I just want to keep and maintain my games on Steam even if i have to use Origin to launch the game.

Keep thread on topic the discussion going.

Sorry for adding to the offtopicness.

Looking forward to how the game looks with the release version. Overall i heard good beta experience so this should be a good launch.

I agree 100% with this thread.

I have both Steam and Origin and have no problems with them. Same with Direct2Drive or a few other gaming services. Anyone who bitches about EA's DRM and yet defends Steam is really a moron as Steam has their own DRM.

I would rather keep everything under one service, but in this day and age, it isn't going to happen. This is why I am not against ordering what I want from whomever has it.

I really cannot wait to start preloading this game. The beta was a hell of a lot of fun.
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to kw0

to kw0
said by kw0:

No Steam, no pre-order.

I will laugh at all of you that still buy it a few days or weeks later without Steam still.

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium Member
join:2002-12-05

Somnambul33t

Premium Member

said by 90115534:

said by kw0:

No Steam, no pre-order.

I will laugh at all of you that still buy it a few days or weeks later without Steam still.

ive been a no-steam holdout, but i probably will buy it retail if i find it for 40 bux up front (no gift cards).
i had 2 stipulations for buying BF3 (which ive been anxiously awaiting for 2 years):
1 - steam
2- $50 or less.

since there's no steam, i'll buy it for $40 or less.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I was initially livid about Origin, but have since decided that the competition is good for Steam.

As I was heading off to work today, I saw a Crysis 2 for $16 special on Origin, will have to pick that up too.

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium Member
join:2002-12-05

Somnambul33t

Premium Member

i'm generally against everything EA, but my experience with the BF3 beta was very positive. i dont see myself buying games on there unless theyre exclusives, tho. My gripes with not being on steam isnt because i'm against other services, it's because Steam does everything i need it to do well enough, i love the Valve as a company and game developer, and b/c i want my games in one place.

I like how origin works: launching the game merely loads a webpage from you click what you want to do. this would be tedious for a SP-centric game, but it's good for a MP game. the web-based server browser is decent and that it launches the game and loads the map in the background is AWESOME. compared to BC2 this specific experience is a thousand times better. The game launches and the map loads in the background so you can spend that 30 seconds doing something else instead of staring at a loading screen.

love the reagan quote, btw

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

As I was heading off to work today, I saw a Crysis 2 for $16 special on Origin, will have to pick that up too.

Sweet, I was waiting to pick that up! I don't know when I'd find the time to play it but I may sock it away. Thanks for the heads up.

So has anyone made any video of themselves playing BF3 multiplayer? I realize the game hasn't even been out for 12 hours yet but as I'm stuck here till 5 I may as well watch whoever's lucky enough to be at home play.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

The Crysis 2 deal may have been for buying BF3 on Origin, in which case I'll put my retail copy up for sale and just buy it off Origin to grab Crysis 2 as well.