Premium Member
join:2003-05-23
Houston, TX

kewlkarim to Prevailer

Premium Member

to Prevailer

Re: [game] Guard in the Guild - Game

checking in,
someone wanna give me the main points of how to play this type of game ? i've been out of it for a while.

Jim7
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10

Jim7

Premium Member

Vote for arch.
That's all you need to know.
You're welcome.

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium Member
Houston, TX

kewlkarim

Premium Member

ok Vote: Jim for being a smartass

Jim7
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10

Jim7

Premium Member

I know no other way.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend to kewlkarim

MVM

to kewlkarim
All of us but one know who the "king" is. We try to lynch the one who doesn't know. To find out, we drop subtle hints. The catch is, the assassin gets one kill before he dies... so if our hints about who the king is are too obvious, he will see them and be able to kill the king before he is lynched.

Some differences in this form are that if someone gets close to a lynch it is usually best to just kill them off, even if they seem to drop a hint about who the king is at the last minute (and if you find yourself at L-2 or L-1, it is time to just shut up... don't drop hints at that point).

You might want to just not drop hints your first game, and simply look for them, and vote people who have not apparently dropped any.

If you are the assassin, you need to read each post carefully and find those hidden hints.

If you are a guard, dropping a few fake hints is always in order to confuse the assassin. also don't be afraid to vote for the king, but don't lynch him, that would be silly.

since this is a reversal game take everything I said about "king" "guard" and "assassin" and apply it to the theme... the game is same with different character names.

usually there is no night actions, but this was advertised as a "crazy" game, so there very well might be.
Dezbend

Dezbend

MVM

one more thing: the king knows who none of us are.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to kewlkarim

Premium Member

to kewlkarim
Usually, there is a king, an assassin and guards.

The guards know who the king is, the king and assassin have no idea who is who.
The guards got to find the assassin before the assassin finds the king.

The usual way is to show that you know who the king is by hinting enough so the king and guards can see it, but not letting the assassin figure it out. Like that, the guards eventually figure out who doesn't know who the king is.

Though lately, it's been more about screwing with the assassin with random hints and just lynching whoever until the assassin is dead.

Since Protus reversed it and spoke about writing roles, there might be some changes, but that's the usual format.

kewlkarim
Here all week
Premium Member
Houston, TX

kewlkarim to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
holy crap, not sure why i signed up for this game.
lol i read your post twice and still confused me.
i'll reread it again later.
thanks dez.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

for example: if archivis was playing, and was the king, I might say. "I won't be online today because I am driving up to St. Louis for an appointment, while I am up there I hope to see muzscman for dinner."

This is a very subtle hint... the key feature of St. Louis is the Arch (ha ha)... the rest of it was just a smoke screen and might even be taken as a hint about muzscman.

If no one gets it, I might tell a story when I get back online about doing this and that, visiting the arch, and so on.
Dezbend

Dezbend to kewlkarim

MVM

to kewlkarim
said by kewlkarim:

holy crap, not sure why i signed up for this game.
lol i read your post twice and still confused me.
i'll reread it again later.
thanks dez.

don't read it again. I dropped 10 hints, one for each of us. It was just for fun.
Dezbend

Dezbend to kewlkarim

MVM

to kewlkarim
the biggest problem with this variant, IMO, is that some of us are friends in real life, or at least on facebook, and we know more about each other, than a casual forum would... so some hints are about the real person... and you might miss some things if you are not in the know.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

all hail me!~

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

I will hail you:

vote: TheRul

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to TheRul

Premium Member

to TheRul
Are you the king that Arch failed to assassinate last week??

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Jim7

Premium Member

to Jim7
said by Jim7:

Vote for arch.
That's all you need to know.
You're welcome.

He's right. This game sucks already. Protus and his bullshit roles.

GG already.

Prevailer
Freeze a poopy.
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Your Mom

Prevailer

Premium Member

You're not even in this game.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Exodus

MVM

to Exodus
vote: archivis

can we get a vote count?

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to Prevailer

Premium Member

to Prevailer
|0000|

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Prevailer

Premium Member

to Prevailer
said by Prevailer:

You're not even in this game.

It's okay, Protus. You'll always be my awkward friend with whom I can never be seen with in public.