« Lisa![Spam] error message »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · next

Billy Goates
@frontiernet.net

Billy Goates to JALevinworth

Anon

to JALevinworth

Re: [Scam] Card Services relentless phone calls revisited

I'm just someone that has gotten fed up with the over 200 calls from these con artists (also tired of Microsoft overpriced licensing, hence the name Billy Goates).
Billy Goates

Billy Goates to DeletedMedia

Anon

to DeletedMedia
This one can be verified. Roy M. Cox Jr. has had a huge number of companies and continues to this day.
This just goes to show that civil penalties are a joke, we need criminal felony convictions

»latimesblogs.latimes.com ··· ies.html

»www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/ ··· dex.shtm

»www.ftc.gov/opa/2011/12/ ··· cox.shtm

DeletedMedia
join:2012-06-23

DeletedMedia to Billy Goates

to Billy Goates
Billy Goates,
Please understand, I had re-posted comments made by someone unknown, who is obviously unhappy on complaintwire.
The re-posting was my bad reaction to again being robo-dialed in general, and not a personal vendetta against any innocent companys, if it's true. However, the thing that concerns me, is that a CEO of a company that does Business Marketing says has never even heard of "Rachel, at cardholder services". Come on!

Billy Goates
@frontiernet.net

Billy Goates

Anon

I know, but we must be careful that we don't end up with a liable suit. If he is not what he says he is, we will get him sooner or later.
By the way Chris, I may friend you on Facebook if I can get over your politics (I'm and Independant).
Billy Goates

Billy Goates to DeletedMedia

Anon

to DeletedMedia
By the way, I just got another call from "Rachael" as I was typing up my response. They won't even answer now when I press 1.

DeletedMedia

to Billy Goates
Thanks for the advice!, and OK with FB.
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood to Ender3rd

to Ender3rd
I get a call about 2x a week, sometimes more. When I play along, and finally start to give the 1800 number on the "back of the card", I say 1800 STOP CALLING ME. Now, the guy is saying, " oh how clever. Gay F*****. Your a Co**Sucker. Come suck my C****". I hope the phone calls are recorded. I think I might get the same guy every time. He sounds like a girl though.

JALevinworth
@embarqhsd.net

JALevinworth to Billy Goates

Anon

to Billy Goates
said by Billy Goates :

I'm just someone that has gotten fed up with the over 200 calls from these con artists (also tired of Microsoft overpriced licensing, hence the name Billy Goates).

Ah ok, Thanks Billy. I missed a page in this thread and your earlier post.
JALevinworth

JALevinworth to DeletedMedia

Anon

to DeletedMedia
said by DeletedMedia:

So, how come the same “players” keep showing up time and again?
Looks like Roy M. Cox Jr. who did the auto warranty scam, is back at it again with "GenuTec".

Sadly, the FTC is ineffective when dealing with criminals and the criminals know that. They can only levy fines and orders, not put them in jail.

There are years of so many well document examples all over this forum of scams and scammers that none of these actions stop. It's as MGD See Profile said earlier, whack-a-mole:
said by MGD :

Civil action by the FTC against such criminals is totally ineffective. All of those involved know that they are violating FTC regulations. The FTC prohibits unsolicited calls for any kind of debt / interest rate reductions which require up front fees, period, and that is what these robo calls are about. The FTC civil actions have been nothing more than whack-a-mole interference. Which is why numerous individuals are the subject of repeated actions, despite signing prior agreements that prohibit future involvement. The FTC levies huge fines, then rescinds them based on inability to pay. The FTC settles for the minimal cash on hand, and enjoins them from future "telemarketing". The criminals sign off, then go right back to business. The entire operations are clearly criminal, intent to defraud, etc, and should be dealt with in criminal court and not by civil actions.

As evidence of this:
said by »www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/05/ ··· lls.shtm :
Some of the defendants used offshore shell corporations to try to avoid scrutiny, and a top officer in the telemarketing company bragged to prospective clients that he could operate outside the law without any chance of being caught by the FTC, the papers stated. This defendant also claimed that he makes 1.8 million dials per day and that he had done more than $40 million worth of dialing for extended warranty companies, including one billion dials on behalf of his largest client, according to the court papers filed by the FTC.
MGD See Profile in his earlier post, said he's going to do a write up of this whole mess. He's a busy guy, but one of the best scam busters around so I look forward to what he finds out.

-Jim

DeletedMedia

DeletedMedia

OK, I finally got around to posting this; it’s the Law!
Just the facts-
#1: The Written TCPA Policies that these clown robo-dialers and “cardholder services” are supposed to Have AND Provide to ANYONE whom requests.
This bunch had their “Policies” up on a pdf, but now its mysteriously disappeared. Go figure!

»www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/ ··· cmpt.pdf

And now “B2B Telemarketing” shows up here- Hmmm. . .

»www.voicebroadcasting.co ··· ing.html

#2: Has anyone actually been robo-ed by any such “Trained Personnel”, or just threatened, abused, harassed, or hung up on?

FCC CFR Title 47 Chapter 5, § 227
PART 64, Subpart L-
Restrictions on Telemarketing, Telephone Solicitation, and Facsimile Advertising

(1) Written policy. Persons or entities making calls for telemarketing purposes must
have a written policy, available upon demand, for maintaining a do-not-call list.
(2) Training of personnel engaged in telemarketing. Personnel engaged in any aspect of
telemarketing must be informed and trained in the existence and use of the do-not-call
list.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Yeah, but since they don't give a sh*t about the law none of that applies to them.

DeletedMedia

DeletedMedia

I hear what your saying, but the more we Consumers know, the better. Also, for those that fell for the scam, and for when the scammers threaten to attack us Consumers. They’ll deny doing anything unlawful, and spout crap about “helping” sooooo many people.
Its always the same shill “telemarketer” routine. Legitimate business knows since Do Not Call the telephone is a dead duck for cold calling. Virtually everyone is on the list.

And, we’ve all heard the scammer argument before, that consumers are giving consent to receiving telemarketing calls by agreeing to stuff online, using their credit cards, and such nonsense.
They haven’t said whether or not that includes using your grocery discount card, or a new phone number.

Well, It’s not a “contract”, when one party benefits more, and “cardholder services” certainly always benefits more!

Billy Goates
@frontiernet.net

Billy Goates

Anon

One of my cell phones is a company phone for emergency use only so it has never been given out for anything that could be considered consent. It has been called more than 75 times.
I ran across some information by someone that has obviously been doing some research.
"The latest reports indicate that this is a scam currently being conducted by these 2 companies:

America's Reading Choice , 4501 Circle 75 Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA 30339, (770) 293-0150 Teresa Boughton (404) 552-3111 or her partner Mingai 404-437-0333 .
Also operating as WorldWide Concepts Inc, 4501 Circle 75 Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA 30339 (Spoofing Phone # 971-220-1032 and 360-529-6177)

GW Timeshare Services, 701 N Hermitage Road, Suite 26 Hermitage, PA Steve Nagy 724-979-4345
Also operating as Groupwise Inc, 151 N Hermitage Rd, Hermitage, PA 724-979-4345 (Spoofing Phone # 832-377-3059)"
Whip5
join:2009-01-23
Califon, NJ

Whip5 to Ender3rd

to Ender3rd
505-455-6121

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

867-5309

Billy Goates
@izoom.net

Billy Goates to Billy Goates

Anon

to Billy Goates
Today I started getting "You won a free cruise" calls. I've given up posting on the complaint boards, since no one really reads them and my stuff just getting re-posted with unverified information. My new tactic is to start bugging our politicians to pass laws that will do some good and going after the phone companies to block spoofed numbers (if that is possible).

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

We have the laws. Read the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
»transition.fcc.gov/cgb/p ··· ules.pdf

We just need to ensure that existing law is strictly enforced.

Billy Goates
@izoom.net

Billy Goates to Billy Goates

Anon

to Billy Goates
This will be my last post. Apparently someone does read my posts since they followed it back here and cut and pasted the information before I could verify it and added it to one of my old posts and blasted it all over the Internet.
What I have found out is that a phone number was being used by a Costa Rica call center to sell Time Shares for a company called TS Solutions. Someone along the line named "Buster" somehow associated GW Timeshare with TS Solutions (don't know how). Someone else came along and verified that they had talked to that company.
Now the Costa Rica call center is using that number in a Card Services robocall and someone (possibly Buster) is pasting my posts everywhere blaming GW Timeshare. I don't know if they were involved with TS Solutions and I don't care. My beef is with Rachel, Heather, Ann and whatever name they use this week.

DeletedMedia

to Billy Goates
I’ve been copying all the Consumer complaints that describe Abuse to the Elderly, Terrorist type threats, and Harassment, etc. Its corporate abuse. We did a algorithms test, and got this never heard before robo. Its not pertinent to the region. It was intended to be a special message, but also terrified other innocent Americans.
Transcript:
“Hello, The FBI reports there was a home break-in every 15 seconds. Your local police recommends you protect your homes. If you will allow us to place a small sign in your yard, we will install a new security system at absolutely no cost to you whatsoever!
There is no cost for the system or the installation, whatsoever! To hear more, press one now”

Wyo_Scot
@qwest.net

Wyo_Scot to Ender3rd

Anon

to Ender3rd
I keep getting this Card Holder Service crap and have tried to reason with the other person - thinking maybe they are idoits and don't really know they are scamming and are just working for $10 an hour or whatever. I try to tell them to go to local police and report and mention that there is a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest of there boss. I think they know I know about there scam now though and even though I push 1 to try and lead them on they just hang up on me now. IF ANYONE EVER FINDS ONE OF THEIR CALL CENTERS IN COLORADO OR WYOMING LET ME KNOW and I Will do something about it MYSELF!

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

said by Wyo_Scot :

... and have tried to reason with the other person

A complete waste of time.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo to Ender3rd

to Ender3rd
for all those getting these calls, dont even bother posting the number or the name that came with it, its all spoofed. I run a call center, and its probably close to the same software they are using. All I have to do is change the "outdial" number to show whatever name and number I want. legally, they should be correct, but if I put in a number thats already in use by someone else(tried calling myself, from myself), it shows up with the correct CID info for that number they are using. They are calling from VoIP lines(most likely google voice lines), so they can be originating anywhere. Best practice is to just waste their time as much as you can(fake CC numbers work well), and once they figured out you were wasting their time, they will never call back.

PS, they more than likely pull their numbers to call from the national DNC registry, and voters lists(which can be obtained by nearly anyone without question as to what they are going to be used for).

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

Don't use that equipment to call anyone in CT.

You might get a call from the AG. It's illegal to spoof caller ID calling CT numbers.

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

1 recommendation

AVD to Chubbysumo

Premium Member

to Chubbysumo
said by Chubbysumo:

They are calling from VoIP lines(most likely google voice lines), so they can be originating anywhere.

I call BS on this.

As for DNC and Voter registration, I also call BS. The reason the whole system is automated is because the call sequentially over every known exchange.

DeletedMedia

1 recommendation

DeletedMedia to Wyo_Scot

to Wyo_Scot
There’s a ton of info about scumbag Pacific Telecom robo-dialer operating in Oregon, Montana, North Dakota, and Washington here-

»telemarketerspam.wordpress.com/

Also from complaintwire-

On July 10th, 2012, the staff of the Oregon Public Utilities Commission recommended that Pacific Telecom Communications Group’s certificate of authority to provide telecommunications service in Oregon be revoked.
Pacific Telecom violated rule OAR 860-032-0060, which requires telecom utilities to submit annual reports to the Public Utilities Commission. Pacific Telecom failed to submit an annual report for the year 2011.
If this decision is finalized, it will prevent Pacific Telecom’s 22,000 Oregon telephone numbers from being used for illegal telemarketing purposes. Pacific Telecom has 60 days to file for a reconsideration of this decision.
Formal complaints against Pacific Telecom can be filed with the Oregon Public Utilities Commission by visiting:
»apps.puc.state.or.us/con ··· aint.asp

»complaintwire.org/compla ··· rvices/6

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

tilting at windmills

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
Bristol, CT

DrStrange to DeletedMedia

Premium Member

to DeletedMedia
Thanks for the info.

Maybe a little pressure from other states whose residents have been phone-bombed by Pacific Telecom's operation will grease the wheels of justice here. Complain to the relevant state AG and copy to your home state's AG.

DeletedMedia

DeletedMedia

And also contact the FBI about the robo-dialers and cardholder services continuous violations of the RICO Act-
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act U.S.C. Title 18, Chapter 96 § 1962:

Sections 891-894 (relating to extortionate credit transactions), section 1028 (relating to fraud and related activity in connection with identification documents), section 1029 (relating to fraud and related activity in connection with access devices),”
Section 1 of Pub. L. 91-452 provided in part that: "The Congress finds that (1) organized crime in the United States is a highly sophisticated, diversified, and widespread activity that annually drains billions of dollars from America's economy by unlawful conduct and the illegal use of force, fraud, and corruption;

»uscode.house.gov/downloa ··· 18.shtml

»uscode.house.gov/downloa ··· 8C96.txt
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo to DrStrange

to DrStrange
We don't spoof numbers, we legally purchase and update all the return numbers we use, or our clients provide us with a return number that they have to prove the purchased the use of. I'm just saying, we have tested it by putting in a random number for the outgoing, then had the system calling our personal phones, and we found that whatever the CID info was last registered with that number is what shows up. They( the scammers) probably don't even own or lease the phone numbers they are using, thus, they just put something in, and out dial on VoIP lines. The scammers are likely off shore, using mules to get numbers and then dialing them.
Chubbysumo

Chubbysumo to AVD

to AVD
I can't find it right now, but there was a city in Wisconsin that started a municipal email news letter and was forced to give out all the email addresses that were receiving it from a public records request. Anyone can request voters lists, since it's considered public records. I am betting that they are getting a majority of their phone numbers from things like that because you can get voters lists from most states online without any hassle or fee, at nearly any time of day. Just ask any political candidate, or a campaign manager(Been there, done with that). I can walk to any courthouse, and request public voters lists, and they don't even question it, they just want to know which counties, and most of them can now be emailed in a format that these dialers can read from with no changes. don't call BS before you know.