spc
Search similar:

uniqs

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj

WOW has no cap (at least for now)

WOW does not currently have any cap. Comcast and AT&T UVerse have the 250GB cap you mention in your review, but not WOW.
gcw
join:2011-10-23
Schaumburg, IL

gcw

I do stand corrected.. I'm positive I'd seen it in writing but their Internet Terms of Service (»www.wowway.com/internet- ··· service/) makes no mention of it. I even called to verify and the three reps I'd spoken to all assured me that there was no cap.

In a slightly related area:
Their Privacy Policy (»www.wowway.com/internet- ··· service/) states:
"We may use or partner with a third party advertising company (or companies) who may use cookies, web beacons, or other technologies to deliver or facilitate delivery of advertisements about goods and services tailored to interests you have shown by browsing on the WOW! and other websites you have visited."

They do have filters on their network that snipe your searches and redirect you to a WoW branded search page which I think is deplorable. It only works on basic searches (»www.google.com/search?q="blah") but I still loathe the practice.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

said by gcw:

They do have filters on their network that snipe your searches and redirect you to a WoW branded search page which I think is deplorable. It only works on basic searches (»www.google.com/search?q="blah") but I still loathe the practice.

You can easily opt out of that service.
gcw
join:2011-10-23
Schaumburg, IL

gcw

Yes, you can.. and I still loathe the practice.
JTLENTERPRIS5
join:2011-11-16
Chicago Heights, IL

JTLENTERPRIS5 to gcw

to gcw
USE THE BING SEARCH ENGINE, NOT THE ONE ON THE PAGE. NO SNIPES.