thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to tman852

Premium Member

to tman852

Re: The Carrier Response

The only problem with that argument is that more and more people are streaming media rather than just using their connection for facebook.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

While I don't have an account, Facebook has a ton of media-rich content available now. It's not simply a text repository outlining a casual acquaintance's boring and embarrassing moments. Those addictive visits to Facebook might include several videos, some casual gaming, or even catching a UFC mixed-martial arts fight or similar special event.

In fact, Facebook is one of the few things that might have the power to eventually force the ISPs to rethink their cap and overcharge strategy, as it might be big enough to move forward with technology despite the providers' efforts to crush it with unwarranted restrictions.

Although, we may have a bigger issue on our hands if Facebook continues along as it has been; a bit like releasing the lions to take care of the hyena problem.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

good points about facebook. i don't use it either but my wife and oldest daughter are on it all the time. my oldest son is starting to use it regularly as well. i know they all post and view photos and videos on there all the time. i'm sure the bandwidth used for that site will keep increasing.