Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

caps321

join:2011-01-03
Rockledge, FL
reply to tim tim tim

Re: Brighthouse/WatchESPN dilemma

Had a really bad experience with Bright House for television back around 2005. At the time, 3 tv's with one box and couldn't get nothing but a snowy picture on the tv's w/o a box unless the signal amp was hooked up. As you know, signal amps are to extend a good signal and not for a bad one. The low channel signal was high and high channels were low. They refused to fix it. Mind you I had 3-4 guys out at the house the last time and still no remedy.

Then I went to Directv which was fine for years but got too expensive. Uverse is working rather well with the whole home dvr and can pause/rewind on all tv's along with digital home phone.

Ideally, I would like to have Brighthouse for everything but will have to move!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139

said by caps321:

Had a really bad experience with Bright House for television back around 2005. At the time, 3 tv's with one box and couldn't get nothing but a snowy picture on the tv's w/o a box unless the signal amp was hooked up. As you know, signal amps are to extend a good signal and not for a bad one. The low channel signal was high and high channels were low. They refused to fix it. Mind you I had 3-4 guys out at the house the last time and still no remedy.

Then I went to Directv which was fine for years but got too expensive. Uverse is working rather well with the whole home dvr and can pause/rewind on all tv's along with digital home phone.

Ideally, I would like to have Brighthouse for everything but will have to move!

Why do you have to move caps? Are you in an unserviceable area or?
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

caps321

Rockledge, FL

I live in a 50 year old housing development and suppose they didn't want to bother with the cost to fix whatever the problem is. So, I switched providers but kept RR because at the time the best alternative was 6MB DSL.

But, I'm not really here to complain anymore about old problems..

Btw, any chance Bright House would 'flag' my account as having television so I can authenticate on ESPN3? Or would that just be a waste of time?

Assuming that's a no.. Do you think calling the ESPN 1800# and asking them to contact Brighthouse since I already pay for ESPN through Uverse would work?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

How about you consider coming back and I put you into the hands of someone who will make sure everything goes just the way it should

caps321

Rockledge, FL

Wish I was on this site during the problems! Because you do help a lot of people out on here. I will have to talk it over with the significant other. Thanks.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by caps321:

Wish I was on this site during the problems! Because you do help a lot of people out on here. I will have to talk it over with the significant other. Thanks.

You talk it over and if you decide to try again (after all 2005 is a long time ago) I will get ya to great people who will make it happen for ya.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

do it do it do it do it!

you will probably save a few bucks in the process being able to bundle the internet with tv vs having them separate. Im sure that the issues from 6 years ago can be resolved