join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to HaloFans

Re: Clearwire is a

said by HaloFans:

However, that bitterness doesn't translate that AT&T is any better. You know AT&T was given a lot of money from tax breaks to build fiber optic internet a decade ago, and they did not. They made a lot of promises, but did not fulfill any of them.

Verizon (landline) is equally guilty.

Just exactly what "tax breaks" were they given?
I never heard of such, though it wouldn't surprise me with Billy Tauzin on the payroll.

What promises did they "not fulfill" ?

I'm not really impressed with either landline company, but you'd be hard pressed to argue they haven't been busy building up their product lines and delivering substantial upgrades in broadband service.

HaloFans

join:2006-12-18

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
He, he, suddenly everybody just shut up.

Thanks for the links I have been looking for them for a long time.

elray

Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to HaloFans
Thanks for the cites.

While they're not exactly unbiased (considering the first source), and some of the content is not germane, the second link speaks in volume to the spirit of the populist complaints we see so often here. I'll be giving my printer a workout this evening, and consuming the tome over the weekend.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
said by elray:

Thanks for the cites.

While they're not exactly unbiased (considering the first source), and some of the content is not germane, the second link speaks in volume to the spirit of the populist complaints we see so often here. I'll be giving my printer a workout this evening, and consuming the tome over the weekend.

You think NPR is biased? Are you freaking serious?

elray

Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
said by sonicmerlin:

said by elray:

Thanks for the cites.

Of course its biased. All media are biased.

The difference with NPR is that it uses taxpayer funds to blast its propaganda and simultaneously drapes itself in a "non-profit" halo.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
said by elray:

said by sonicmerlin:

said by elray:

Thanks for the cites.

Of course its biased. All media are biased.

The difference with NPR is that it uses taxpayer funds to blast its propaganda and simultaneously drapes itself in a "non-profit" halo.

What evidence do you have that NPR is biased or "blasts propaganda"? Show me some examples.