join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to stvnbrs

Re: [Professions] Smithing and Int plate

said by stvnbrs:

Plate Int gear didn't really get much attention in BS till Wrath and late BC. Armory search for gear, but you may end up having to use random greens, dungeon drops or quest gear. Cloth is still an option although you will loose the mastery bonus, but gains in current tier gear may outweigh loss of that bonus.

I disagree with your statement. Tanking as a paladin in BC was harder and the focus was being holy at that time. There as plenty of plate during burning crusade. Also, you don't benefit from Mastery until lvl 80 when you first enter Hyjal. And at level 40 you still get the Plate Armor Specialization bonus of 5% int
--
I'm not loafing. I work so fast I'm always finished.
If idiots could fly, this would be an airport.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

said by mettachain:

said by stvnbrs:

Plate Int gear didn't really get much attention in BS till Wrath and late BC. Armory search for gear, but you may end up having to use random greens, dungeon drops or quest gear. Cloth is still an option although you will loose the mastery bonus, but gains in current tier gear may outweigh loss of that bonus.

I disagree with your statement. Tanking as a paladin in BC was harder and the focus was being holy at that time. There as plenty of plate during burning crusade. Also, you don't benefit from Mastery until lvl 80 when you first enter Hyjal. And at level 40 you still get the Plate Armor Specialization bonus of 5% int

I specified in Blacksmithing, recently ran a pally through BC as holy and don't remember much being offered in way of recipies early on (at least not compared to Wrath or Cata). Yes there is plenty of holy plate, but they mainly come from the other locations I mentioned. I could have missed a crafted set though, but by no means did I mean that it is missing from BC, just BS.
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Well, I can't check for sure at work right now. But I'm pretty I have quite a few BS plans that feature Outland lvl int plate. I remember flying around to find vendors for it all too. Mind you, I'm a warrior BS so me missing out on holy plate wasn't a big deal personally but I just "gotta catch em all"
--

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC

said by mettachain:

Well, I can't check for sure at work right now. But I'm pretty I have quite a few BS plans that feature Outland lvl int plate. I remember flying around to find vendors for it all too. Mind you, I'm a warrior BS so me missing out on holy plate wasn't a big deal personally but I just "gotta catch em all"

Understandable, early in BC though, it was pretty difficult to find the recipes, they may have been rep rewards. I know they became more prominent towards the end of BC though. My suggestion: burn through BC and just try to keep your BS in line so that once you get to wrath you can craft better gear immediately.
--

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by stvnbrs:

said by mettachain:

Understandable, early in BC though, it was pretty difficult to find the recipes, they may have been rep rewards. I know they became more prominent towards the end of BC though. My suggestion: burn through BC and just try to keep your BS in line so that once you get to wrath you can craft better gear immediately.

google WoW professions leveling. how i level all my profs. gives you Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) of the materials you'll need to get from 1-525 and tells you exactly what to make.
--

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC

I don't believe that is what the OP is requesting, though great tip for anyone new to the game.
--

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

Not fully correct; Protadins were OP when T6 content came out; to the point that in Heroics (i know there is a disparity in difficulty) our tank Bubbleslol (female of course; but would a male BE with that name be suprising) would tank without her pants on 1. cuz it was funny and 2. so she wouldnt be mana starved.

and stvnbrs mis-stated mastery. He/she meant the armor specialization.

Heals for BC were brought to you by Resto-Shamans.
--
"Did you think we had forgotten? Do you think we have forgiven?" Here's to the Victory at the Wrathgate.