spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

viiper

@wideopenwest.com

Arris DG950 modem

My Arris DG950 router/modem will not work standalone. If I plug in a router to it, my pc gets internet. Any ideas on how to fix this?

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:32

It sounds like it was put into bridge mode to allow for a router to be hooked up. I can take a look at it if you can shoot me the cmac address or your account information.

jbanks

join:2011-02-28
Columbus, OH

They are sending a tech out to look at /fix this. Thanks nonetheless.
If I want to use the wireless router function of the Arris, does that require me to call Customer Care?

BobCrensel

join:2011-10-22
North Royalton, OH

If you have the Arris DG950 Modem/Router Combo you can log into it just like a regular router. type in the IP Address in any browser (Default IP 192.168.0.1) and type in the username and password if you don't know what those are they may be default which is

Username: admin
Password: password

If you cant get into the console i'm not sure who you would call to get them reset. most likely the standard customer care number.

viiper

@wideopenwest.com

The tech came and couldn't figure it out. Told me to hook up my router, which I had earlier told him made it so I did have internet. He said the modem needed replaced but they probably didn't have any in the warehouse.

After he left, I hard reset the modem (unplug coax, hold reset button down for 15 secs) and now it works as it should.