spc
uniqs
tthnow
join:2006-06-07
Oakland, CA

tthnow to kfnsi81

to kfnsi81

Re: Copyright Infringement letter

When I was with charter I received over 10+ letters about infringement. I rather go to jail before I pay them anything.

I ignore those 10+ letters and they never did anything to me.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

3 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

These are generally just extortion rackets. You will probably receive a settlement letter after your name is given out hoping your stupid enough to send in money.

If you simply ignore the letter it will go away eventually. It costs them too much money to actually pursue their threats, and generally only do so when its in the national spotlight.

Also if you fall into the "poverty" income bracket like 20% of America then you can just ignore all of it as your judgement proof.

Being poor is like Kryptonite to any civil attorney and they will avoid you as such.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to tthnow

Premium Member

to tthnow
said by tthnow:

When I was with charter I received over 10+ letters about infringement. I rather go to jail before I pay them anything.

When was this, although i don't particularly believe it?

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg

Premium Member

said by cork1958:

said by tthnow:

When was this, although i don't particularly believe it?

Oh I do. I probably had 10 letters from my ISP over the years too. The letter that OP received is not the run of the mill infringement letter tho, it means he's probably going to need a lawyer.