Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia

Re: [Classes] Body And Soul: The Priest Thread (4.2.X - 4.X.X)

Thanks for starting this thread, Ada.

My priest is currently Shadow/AtonementDisc while I'm gearing her up, but soon she will drop shad for Holy.
Nathrezim: Malanorei

My healing "rotation":
-POM
-Bubble Tank
-Penance Tank
-Holy Fire + Smite X 4 for evangelism (boss fight) OR Smite X 5 (trash. can't justify mana cost for HF for trash that dies quickly)
-AA
-Smite healing for filler, heal for light dmg on ranged, Penance on CD

If tank need a big heal, bubble-hasted GHeal
If 3 or more soaking dmg bubble-hasted PoH

lots more situational things for the huge toolkit of spells, but these are the basics.

As shadow,
-PW:Pain
-Devouring Plague
-Vampiric Touch
-PW:Death
*check for shadow orb... if I have one, Mind Blast for buff+replenishment, else continue
-mindflay for dark evangelism (looking to mindflay for a shadow orb so I can fire off a mind blast, then back to stacking DE)
-Dark Angel
-refresh dots

then its all about keeping the VT, DP, SW:P, + MindBlast debuff on target, and empowered shadow on myself... SW:D on CD (but only if I can do it without allowing a buff/dot to drop).

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

I have tried opening up like that as Shadow, but I find throwing up Pain, 1 MF, Mindblast, Dev Plague, Vamp Touch nets more DPS.

Mind Blast on CD no matter what and SW Death while target is under 25%. Obviously keep up DoTs.

I was also Disc as offspec and was going to screw around with Holy since I have never played it. How is it in comparison to Disc?

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

You run out of mana every pull in dungeons. Circle of Healing is for the tank got a paper cut, Flash Heal if he got a bruise. Standing around with Chakra unactivated will make your ears bleed.

That's based on my experience with holy priests in 5 mans.

As for the time I tried holy ... I don't have enough fingers to play that spec. Good lord.

cent5
join:2011-03-03
Dublin, OH

cent5

said by Nick D:

As for the time I tried holy ... I don't have enough fingers to play that spec. Good lord.

An understandable statement. You need something like Healbot. You still have a ton of heals to choose from, but that's what makes a holy priest a holy priest. But with Healbot, it make life a LOT easier... and effective.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Treebark

to Treebark
Holy is fun.

Chakra is an interesting mechanic though with no time on each stance it has been dumbed down.

Basically Serenity for Single Target, Sanctuary for group. PoM, Renew, Heal, HW: Serenity for tank healing with Greater Heal and Flash Heal when shit gets bad.

Lightwell, PoM, PoH, CoH, HW: Sanctuary for group healing, spot with Renew, Heal, Greater Heal, and Flash Heal as need be.

If you want to be really simple about it.

Stack the fuck out of Spirit. I got about 3890 Mp5 while in combat and some encounters are still rough.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Treebark

Premium Member

to Treebark
said by Treebark:

I have tried opening up like that as Shadow, but I find throwing up Pain, 1 MF, Mindblast, Dev Plague, Vamp Touch nets more DPS.

interesting... will give it a shot. =P

cent5
join:2011-03-03
Dublin, OH

cent5 to Treebark

to Treebark
said by Treebark:

I was also Disc as offspec and was going to screw around with Holy since I have never played it. How is it in comparison to Disc?

IMO Discipline is best for PVP because mana regen is not as important as it is in PVE and bubbles just seem to work very well in PVP. In PVE the fact that it isn't that mana efficient makes you pretty much avoid bubbles. So going holy is the answer. That's the biggest difference I know of.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Treebark:

interesting... will give it a shot. =P

The last Shadow Priest I raided with did like a gazillion deeps and this is how he opened up too.
Treebark

Treebark to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
Thanks, I think I will try a regular heroic tonight as holy and see how it goes. The last time I attempted holy was before chakra and I didn't know WTF I was doing and quickly went back Disc.

I really enjoy disc but it seems that my gear and the way it is reforged would be better as Shadow/Holy. I don't really have alot of peices to swap out.