uniqs

Pal
@teksavvy.com

Pal to Stewy6

Anon

to Stewy6

Re: [Extreme Plus] rogcesadmin login no longer working 10/26/201

Ohh... Stewy

Persistence is not futile..... Only difficult.....

JimShorts
@74.198.9.x

JimShorts to Pal

Anon

to Pal
The reason they blocked it off was users were 'tampering' with the settings which makes the new home security difficult to manage.

As a former employee of Rogers, we were told not to provide the customers with the admin details incase they wanted to make changes to it. (Although, when customers called in to me, I changed the SSID to the customer's liking and the passwords to whatever they wanted. I didn't care. I'm here to help customers not piss them off)

Anyhow .. Someone said complaining to them is useless and I agree 100% because they know that.. no matter where you go, whether it's Tekksavy, Acanac, Distributel, whatever.. you're still going to use either Bell or Rogers lines.. So in the end, we're still giving them money.

Stewy6
Premium Member
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON

Stewy6

Premium Member

said by JimShorts :

The reason they blocked it off was users were 'tampering' with the settings which makes the new home security difficult to manage. As a former employee of Rogers, we were told not to provide the customers with the admin details incase they wanted to make changes to it.

Again that's fine but customers don't care about the reasons.

A) Give full access to the router they are buying.

or

B) Block the admin but also sell the equivalent of a cable modem.

You can't sell a car and then tell the owner that only the dealer can open their trunk to access the spare tire.

bfksc
Unlimited on Vmedia
join:2011-11-22
canada

bfksc

said by Stewy6:

Again that's fine but customers don't care about the reasons.
A) Give full access to the router they are buying.
or
B) Block the admin but also sell the equivalent of a cable modem.
You can't sell a car and then tell the owner that only the dealer can open their trunk to access the spare tire.

That's a bad analogy as manufacturers tried to tell owners that only the dealers could properly maintain their vehicles. Changing the oil at a quik-lube or similar was a warranty violation, was something they did (and still do!) with many owners. Not us though.

I agree though, that if we buy/own something, then the manufacturer or reseller has NO right to control what we do with that item. And they can not make changes without our express permission.

But hey, we're talking about oligopolies here, so they THINK they can do whatever they want.

Wozman420
@rogers.com

Wozman420 to duckdown

Anon

to duckdown
I just posted in the other thread, but figured it should be here too. I got Rogers to give me the new admin pass:
username: "rogcesadmin"
password: "nas00Rn7TU"
Change your passwords and disable remote management now!

Stewy6
Premium Member
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON

Stewy6

Premium Member

said by Wozman420 :

I just posted in the other thread, but figured it should be here too. I got Rogers to give me the new admin pass:

Yea but they probably change it every 30-60-90 days or so. So take it like a one time shot.

Wozman420
@rogers.com

Wozman420

Anon

Actually, this is only the 3rd time in 3 yrs, so if it lasts me 11 months I'm happy. Shit, I'd even be happy if it was only 30 days, I've been trying to get this info since they changed it over a month ago! And if you change tje login, they cant access it. I have many clients who use the Rogers gateway (either cisco and the smc, but I like the cisco better) and it's a pain in the ass to call them every time I need to make a little change. Btw for some of them, even the cusadmin login was not working and the Rogers tech's don't even know how to open a port properly

DMZMax61
@rogers.com

DMZMax61

Anon

Thanks Wozman420. As many here, I was also annoyed at the password being changed (SMC purchased). Is the password needed to push firmware upgrades?

Scanning settings reveals that WAN IP 99.242.201.170 is configured in the "remote management" section.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

No, but it may get reset when they push new firmware. Firmware is pushed by the MAC address.
Telek
join:2009-11-03

Telek to duckdown

to duckdown
Anyone else notice that this new firmware has IPV6 enabled?

Arthur Winsl
@rogers.com

Arthur Winsl

Anon

It was enabled before but there were no ipv6 leases being given out to customers until last week ago.
Telek
join:2009-11-03

Telek

My previous firmware image didn't even have the IPv6 status on the home page and I checked just before christmas.

Arthur Winsl
@rogers.com

Arthur Winsl

Anon

Telek it's been a part of the code from 1.2.0.29.