spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gawga_boy

@fds.com

mail.atnex.net down?

mail.atnex.net has been unresponsive since the morning of Oct 26th 2011. No postings on the main webpage to indicate the issue or that they are working on it. Anybody know what's going on?

billmax

join:2006-05-05
Roswell, GA

I called yesterday and they confirmed there was a mail server problem that was being worked. There was no ETA on a return.
Very frustrating...

gawga_boy

@fds.com

appreciate the reply.

My wife called but got voice mail and left a messages. We got no return call. Yes very frustrating. They could at least put something up on their web site.

billmax

Roswell, GA

webmail is up now
pop3 was working for a few minutes (I got some backlog from yesterday) but is down again

gawga_boy

@fds.com

yep. got the same thing. working then stopped working.

gawga_boy

@fds.com

I'll give them credit. They did return our call to say the server is back up and to let them know if we have anymore problems.

user01

@173.227.140.x
reply to gawga_boy

It still appears to be down for me.

billmax

Roswell, GA

1 edit
reply to gawga_boy

It was up for me from late afternoon on the 27th, and I was slowly receiving the backlog. Now (8am on the 28th) it is down again (pop3 and webmail).
Not good. Not good at all.

tandy

@atlanticnexus.net

so what's the latest w atnex email??? I'm still not up Fri pm

billmax

Roswell, GA

said by tandy :

so what's the latest w atnex email??? I'm still not up Fri pm

Who knows. There's finally a note on the atnex website, but it's clearly not up to date:

Atlantic Nexus is the best!
Mail server problem

After an unplanned outage on 10/26/11, our mailserver is down for planned maintenance tonight 10/27. It'll be back in the morning.

billmax

Roswell, GA
reply to gawga_boy

An updated status has been posted on atnex.net:

After an unplanned outage on 10/26/11, our mailserver came up and crashed again. It is running recovery software while we reload a new server in the meantime. It'll take the weekend. If you are a company that had a domain hosted on our server, call. We can do something about that. But anybody @ atnex.net is too closely tied to the broken server for there to be an alternative. We're working on it.

tandy

@atlanticnexus.net

This doesn't take Einstein from a communication point of view!!! Why don't employees communicate with customers via their web site???? We want to remain loyal, but in this world atleast 1 to 2 hour updates would be appropriate even if it is "sorry still spending time on a quality solution that does not loose or compromise your email data." If that's for three days then it's for three days!!! - but keep us current - let us know every hour to let us know you are still conscious!!! Already bad enough!!! In this day and age to know we are entrusting our email to an entity that does not have multiple back-ups to switch to is disturbing enough, but not to stay informed on its web site in such a transparent time is close to treasen. If I had a web based business and were not able to get emails for 5,5,5,5,5, days - bad enough, but also w/o "here's what is going on info" w/o having to ask for it would be off the planet! I'm as sympatetic as is reasonable, but we are customers ie this is not an entitlement we pay for this service so let's hear how you are going to help us SOON!

Atnex Mike

@comcast.net
reply to gawga_boy

Hey Everyone,

Our mail server went down on the 26th of this month we ran a hard drive repair utility and got it backup. After that we purchased a new HDD and attempted to take a live backup image of the server to move over to the new drive. The mail server failed again around noon on Friday and we have been trying to rebuild it ever since. Were hoping to have something done by tonight or tomorrow morning. We thank you for being an Atlantic Nexus Customer. I will be here until 6pm tonight.

We have a two track parallel repair approach at the moment.
1. The drive recovery is still running. It is very slow. This would a llow a full system backup and restore, which would be preferred.

2. Another server is built, loaded and patched. The mail software was successfully loaded Saturday morning. We are waiting for the mail backup to unzip now. Being many gigabytes of very small files, it is also taking a long time. Looks like that will take a few more hours.

Either way, once we think we have a working server, we will be testing thoroughly before bringing it online. If we are missing mailboxes, or the server needs to be reloaded again for some reason, we will lose all the mail from Friday & Saturday. Since that is unacceptable, we will need time to test first.

Mike
Atnex Team

tandy

@atlanticnexus.net

Ok - Good info. It's Sun 1030 hours. Wghere are we now???

gawga_boy

@fds.com

looks like they're still working on it today. If they've got a single point of failure which it surely looks like that's the case, I'd suggest buying two servers and vmware and riding the mail server on top then you'd have the option of failing over with no loss of service to customers.

gawga_boy

@fds.com

my bad. looks like I'm having trouble with the network here at work.